Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so since my cl360 has foiled my every attempt to get it running properly i'm thinking about a yamaha rd350. i know a guy that's selling one with really low (i can't remember exactly how low) mileage that just needs a new battery to run for 900 bucks. no title though.
i talked to a friend of mine who used to have an RD and he said it was impossible to keep the front wheel on the ground.
so my questions...

is 900 bucks a good price assuming it actually runs and isn't stolen?
and...
from what i've read they sound like sick bikes but my friend has me a little worried. what do you guys think of them?

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Uhhh... $900 sounds a little high. Especially if there's no title and its not running. Not having a battery seems to be the current trick for unloading a crap bike. As in the bike doesn't have a battery, so you can't see how poorly it runs and what else is wrong with it.

But they are fun, and there's a ton of parts out there for them. A bike that old with low milage will most likely need crank seals. Easy to do, but you've gotta tear down the engine.

If you can get the bike running, check the gearbox oil level, make sure its ok. Fire it up, let it warm up. If its smoking on the right side, you need at least a right side crank seal.

These guys are a good source for RD parts.
http://www.hvccycle.com/

·
Registered
687 Posts
i'm not sure what the market is like around you but in central texas you can find a running rd with title for around that price.

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
if you can look at rd400s also. I had one and I am retarded for them, I may buy another if I ever find one for the right price. ditto on everything else said. Show the guy $600 cash and see if he will deal - bike prices are always negotiable.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
The dude that owns Moto Carrera fell outta his wheelchair and is on deaths door, from what I've heard. So ordering from them might not be the best idea.

Pro-Flo used to be good, but they've gone off the deep end this year. Avoid.

Spec II makes some great products and he does awesome tuning, but the guy running the shop is a bit of a nut.

Lyn Garland can be contacted for some parts. Good guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts