Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents:

A quick follow up on the RD400 bike. It's neither a pure cafe nor a chop, but somewhere in between. This is going to be my beater bike--something I can really learn to ride and not worry about fucking up. The two-up seat was important because I wanted to be able to carry a passenger.

Minor progress (call me a pussy, but I like the dampening the clubmans allow):

Brutal thoughts are always appreciated...

--Thanks for looking, Chris

PS I'm documenting the build on my website. Check it out.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
quote:Originally posted by chrisf

Hi gents:

Brutal thoughts are always appreciated...

--Thanks for looking, Chris

PS I'm documenting the build on my website. Check it out.
Ya gots ta use http address, not ftp...

EDIT - nevermind, edited links are working

·
Registered
720 Posts
Chrisf, please edit your message to remove those pictures. They don't work for the rest of us and opening this page causes us much annoyance with some weird password prompt. Thanks. BTW, nice CB pics :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Chris, those pods can cause some weird ass power delivery problems with RD's that won't be fixed by jetting. If you have the cash, get a Y-boot or foam pods without the chrome caps. If its running well as-is, carry on.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the responses. Those pods came with the bike, and it ran fine with the stock pipes. There is a lot to do before I ride her again, but before I do so, I think I'll follow your advice and go with the Y-boot. Hopefully, that smooths stuff out.

--Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
199 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old, but I really like how you did the bike. Been on your site several times to check it out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old, but I really like how you did the bike. Been on your site several times to check it out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! I struggling through learning 2-stroke tuning and carb jetting. It's fun stuff, but it's a pain in the ass to pull the carbs each time.

--Chris

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I struggling through learning 2-stroke tuning and carb jetting. It's fun stuff, but it's a pain in the ass to pull the carbs each time.

--Chris

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Chris, the pod filters with the chrome ends wreak a lot of havoc on the RD's. I know of a few people that have dialed in the carbs with those but the majority of folks in the know say that a Y-boot and single filter is the only way to go. HVC has Y-boots.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those are very old pics. I ride her home with those filters an promply switched to a y-filter. Check out my website for current pics.

--Thanks, Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts