Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I finally picked up a Yamaha 2-stroke; an RD400. I've wanted one since I finished my CB350 cafe racer and finally got my grubby hands one one. This one is kinda a shitter, aesthetially, but it has increadible balls. I have a broken right hand in a cast, but still took it out. I kept stalling it until I figured out it needs more throttle than most--then promply popped (and rode!) a wheely.

Since I already have a monoposto, this one will have a two-up seat that is decidedly un-cafe racer, but so it is. She needs new paint on the tins and will get a bratstyle seat; hopefully GNG will recover for me. It may even get the shockingly controversial clubans, which should throw even the softest nose cafe boys in quite the tailspin.

Anyway, first up is to pour a good dose of cool on it. In the throes of passion, I may even fire up that fancy TIG I have and make an aluminum oil tank. But I'm getting ahead of myself. It needs paint and some expansion chambers first, well, and something done with those wheels.

--Chris

·
Registered
699 Posts
welcome to the 2 smoke club. get ahold of me if you have any questions, nice looking bike. i have clubmans on my bike, so dont worry about it...the angles work out just fine for most clubmans and they dont hit the tank, just dont do clubmans without rearsets. rearsets are hard to come by, moto carrerra is out of business and specII's look like crap in my opinion. i built my own. anyway, have fun riding it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts