Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23,294 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sign216

If you are genuinely selling a bike you have a photo, mileage, etc.

If you are promoting a cycle shop, or a tv show, well.....
The longer you hang around the more you will discover that real old motorcycle people aren't the best at the internet. In fact most are quite terrible. I think that most that are marginal at the internet are basically on this site and well...you see how well things work around here. .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
quote:Originally posted by texmawby

joe, not to give you a hard time....but do you have trust issues?

jeebus!
Tex,
On the "value" thread I gave examples of two recent purchases that went south because the seller back-slid on telephonic deals.

When it comes to $$$, I trust people to act in their self interest.
That's the world I live in.
But it's good to be surprised.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
quote:Originally posted by texmawby

joe, not to give you a hard time....but do you have trust issues?

jeebus!
Tex,
On the "value" thread I gave examples of two recent purchases that went south because the seller back-slid on telephonic deals.

When it comes to $$$, I trust people to act in their self interest.
That's the world I live in.
But it's good to be surprised.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Maybe its a norton with a bent frame?
A none running T500?

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Maybe its a norton with a bent frame?
A none running T500?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The last Norton I looked at was an Electra, in a strange light brown color, down in Rhode Island, USA. It virtually new, sold by a former dealer, off of his old stock. Sadly, it was missing misc. parts. The former dealer had been slowing stripping it and selling pieces off in the UK.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The last Norton I looked at was an Electra, in a strange light brown color, down in Rhode Island, USA. It virtually new, sold by a former dealer, off of his old stock. Sadly, it was missing misc. parts. The former dealer had been slowing stripping it and selling pieces off in the UK.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I don't see what there is to be suspicious about. Unless you think its for sale for a dollar - because it isn't. 1$ can mean $1,000 or just that no price is stated.

Other than that there is nothing weird or non weird about it. Bike can be great or shit based on the ad. The fact that they might want to film you seems legit - they would want to disclose it as thry probably prefer getting the footage if possible.

I just don't see how the claim would in any sense benefit any scam. At least I wouldn't pay extra just because I thought that I could end up on TV.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I don't see what there is to be suspicious about. Unless you think its for sale for a dollar - because it isn't. 1$ can mean $1,000 or just that no price is stated.

Other than that there is nothing weird or non weird about it. Bike can be great or shit based on the ad. The fact that they might want to film you seems legit - they would want to disclose it as thry probably prefer getting the footage if possible.

I just don't see how the claim would in any sense benefit any scam. At least I wouldn't pay extra just because I thought that I could end up on TV.

·
Registered
23,294 Posts

quote:Originally posted by joe c

i see where joe is coming from. totally.
Thanks. I'm surprised it's such a foreign experience to others.
It is only a "foreign" experence because the ones being critical on here have either met the guy in person or are friends of his and can vouch for him. It is one of the advantages to this site - most of the regulars know each other IRL.

·
Registered
23,294 Posts

quote:Originally posted by joe c

i see where joe is coming from. totally.
Thanks. I'm surprised it's such a foreign experience to others.
It is only a "foreign" experence because the ones being critical on here have either met the guy in person or are friends of his and can vouch for him. It is one of the advantages to this site - most of the regulars know each other IRL.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts