Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i'm all moved in to the new house in newark, delaware. now there's a nice space for me to work on my bike. :D
tomorrow i'm leaving for texas to visit my family, just for a week.
i filled up and charged the new battery
taken measurements to cut the seat down. i'm bringing it to tx with me so i can cut it.
i'll put the new cables on when i get back
i took the rear fender off.. much better!!
also took the handlebars off, and will replace with clubmans. i got purdy white grips for them.
i'm trying to figure out the best way to replace the vacuum diaphragms, i'm sure someone on here has replaced these. any tips would be greatly appreciated!
i need to order new tires.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ive never been able to get them off then back on, although ive heard stories of people doing it. just replacing the entire slide is easier.

let us know if you can get it done.

jc

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
nobody believes any of that

pix please and hurry before this turns into a fecal storm

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
The rubber part isn't even offered seperately. I was going to try a bing diaphram until I saw how the slide was assembled. The center of the slide is rolled over the rubber. When you pry it up it's pretty unlikely it will ever go back down correctly.
Just touch up the cracks with a little liquid electrical tape.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did get the part separately, bfd. my roommate has changed the ones on his bike successfully. the ones that are on there right now really seem like they should be replaced..

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I like new ones myself but gasgacinch works pretty good if you get the rubber clean

haven't tried liquid e tape but that sounds reasonable

shouldn't be too hard to snag nice fresh supple ones that have no cracks or cruddiness

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you get into a real bind, i have a set for you. I was hoping to hold onto them, but if you need them for your project...

--Chris

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Never in the history of man has so many words been written towards a project that's just barely started...

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I love it but the other one is better

at least it has pix

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Go,
I finally got home today. exactly which stock parts do you want? I'll get them in a box and out to you. I am putting it here instead of in an e-mail so that if I don't have it one of these droolers will trip all over themselves to send it to you, even if they have to pull it off their own bike.

Ken

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome! thanks a lot ken.
headers would be lovely, rear shocks, a not so rusty shift lever, if you have the bar switch assembly for either or both sides that'd be cool, and a front fender. i think that's all.

thanks again,
go go

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yeah, you can get the diaghrams seperately from sirius. ive never had luck patching them up. the gas kills em, or something.

jc

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
yeah man...... but I will say in her defense

she has a very sweet voice and makes cute squeaky toy noises

smart too

1 - 20 of 70 Posts