Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a rear brake caliper for a 1976 CB750F model? I think the 1975 will fit as well but I'm not sure about the following years. The bleeder screw is completely frozen and is broken off in the caliper from before I got the bike.

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just extract the bleeder if you can. Get everything warm first and then try quenching it with water

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that, the extractor is now broken off inside the bleeder as well. I left the caliper with my mechanic (my dad) and he said he will look at it on monday when he goes back in to work.

I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst . . . just in case.

·
Registered
266 Posts
ohh man that sucks, I seem to have the knack for breaking off extractors in holes and then the drill bit in the extractor when I try to remove it lol

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if a 1978 CB750 Rear Caliper will fit on a 1976 CB750F? The caliper looks different and I think the issue will be fitting the length of the hose. The brake hose goes to the front of the caliper on the 76 and it looks like the rear of the caliper on the 78?

Also, I found a guy in Florida with a CB750F tank that looks to be in good condition along with a working caliper. He wants $125 including shipping to PA for the both of them. Am I crazy for even considering this?

Edited by - lefty337 on Jul 29 2007 11:35:15 PM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts