Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newb posting here, but i've been lurkin around the site for a while now. just wonderin what direction i should go towards with a rear set for my 450...searched and haven't really found much on a how-to. thought maybe you guys would know the right direction to point me. thanks in advance!
-ryan

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I used a set made for the Yamaha RD400 from Moto Carerra, but had to weld mounting tabs to the frame where I cut off the passenger peg mounts. And MC is out of business, AFAIK.

So I really have no info for you. If you have access to an angle grinder and a mig welder, you can adapt almost anything from a mid-90's sportbike.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Raask makes a set specifically for the 450 with all of the associated linkages that attaches at the passenger peg mounting holes. You can buy them at Omarsdtr.com - or you could modify almost any other rear set systems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i had seen that post tex, but i was looking more towards something i could scrape up off of another bike that might be cheaper, and require a minimal modification. sorry, i should have phrased my post a little better!

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
FZR 600 (late 80s to early 90's) or GSXR (2001-2003, I think) footpegs. It's in the search here. They bolt right on. You have to fab linkages.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used my OEM 02 GSXR1000 rearsets on my CB450 with brackets welded to the tubes and an arm on the brake side for the drum brake set-up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used my OEM 02 GSXR1000 rearsets on my CB450 with brackets welded to the tubes and an arm on the brake side for the drum brake set-up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts