Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to setup where i like to mount them. came into a problem. nothing to bolt them too. has anyone ran into this problem. i dont know if i should make a bracket plate. of forget about putting rear sets on. the ones im gona use are my old stock 02 GSXR600 rear sets. I want that racer feel and look. I'm going to custom make clipons that are part of a new top triple clamp. like the sport bikes use of today. solid mounting wont slip down the fork tubes or turn. im gona set them up at the same pitch and deg as the GSXR600. but any idea on how i should mount up my rear sets. I'll try to get some posting of pics on the bike as it was beofre i started to pull it apart.

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you have rear pegs? I mounted my rearsets to them.

'72 CL175
'03 R6

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you have rear pegs? I mounted my rearsets to them.

'72 CL175
'03 R6

·
Registered
306 Posts
hey speedy,

im currently working on rearsets for my cb125s, and im going with a simple 3 hole triangle bracket..top front mount is the swingarm axle, lower front mount is the brake lever bolt hole (you're gonna be taking that bolt out anyway) and top back is for peg/lever. easy.

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." -Hunter S. Thompson

·
Registered
306 Posts
hey speedy,

im currently working on rearsets for my cb125s, and im going with a simple 3 hole triangle bracket..top front mount is the swingarm axle, lower front mount is the brake lever bolt hole (you're gonna be taking that bolt out anyway) and top back is for peg/lever. easy.

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." -Hunter S. Thompson

·
Registered
116 Posts
Speedy81304- If you can, wait around for dumpmonkey to get his rearset plates going, which I know he is currently working on. It appears to be simple and will require less parts from other bikes.

As far as bars, theres a guy on ebay now who is stocking our size and has a couple different options, and he seems to be a pretty nice guy. I'll be getting my bars from him for my 125s.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Chip- I dont know how viable an option it is for us to use our passenger pegs as they are located on our swingarms, and if we use a linked shifter I fear that binding would be an issue.

Laurence

'71 Honda CB500/4
'81 Honda CB125S
'01 Suzuki SV650
---------------------
http://www.SoCal86.com

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good guys. the rear sets i want to use are my tricked out polished up GSXR600.. once i get an idea on mounting them then I'll look into making them. right now IM working on rebuilding the fork and I started to drill speed holes. to make things even lighter. since i cant find parts to put on the factory disc brake. I'm gona sell my wheel assem once i find a complete Drum brake setup for the front. and do some speed hole in that, along with some other tricks i picked up. TTYL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts