Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to link up my Tarozzi rearsets (universal) to my Cb360. I know pretty much how everything has to go on the shifting side, but I havent figured out the braking side 100%.

Wheres the best place to get linkage parts? For the shifting side i need the shifter arm the replaces the stock lever, a ball joint and the connecting rod.

Whats the general way to connect the braking side? Any pictures would be of great help.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Matt,
I bought a CBR shift linkage and it fits perfect on my 75 cb750. You might want to look at that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, I checked out there website. Those are some cool looking rearsets. But at the price there asking, not a chance in heck I'll be ordering them. Twice what I paid for the bike. Look great though, good luck. I'll be keeping an eye on this post, as I'm putting rearsets on my CB 450.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I make my own..... I use either heavy wall stainless tubing or solid stainless round stock

just thread them and I will confess I have an aviation grade stainless rod end joint addiction while having a strong dislike for the clevis ends that come with the Tarozzis, or really any clevis ends

those things cost about 50 bucks each and one of my bikes has 400 bucks worth of rod end joints on it

I have pretty much all that stuff on hand and it's nothing but a few minute ordeal to whip up a threaded rod or tube

wouldn't be a problem but I am sure you have somebody local and nearby that could do that for you if you don't have the resources

nothing to it if you have a lathe but yet amazingly tedious to get good results putting external threads on round stock that small even, using a die by hand

you can get rod end joints, just plain ones for less than 6 bucks for 3/8 or 5/16

Moly Dee reigns supreme as a tapping fluid for stainless

btw, one set of my Tarozzis has a cable setup for the rear brake

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the rod really isnt my concern, i actually already started on them. I was asking what the "standard" is for connecting the rod to the shifter arm, as far as joints. I see 90 degree ball ends, straight ball ends, clevis, etc. Just wanting to know what to use and where. And if someone could point me to a place to purchase a shifter arm lever, thats actually at the top of my list. Ive been looking at fastfromthepast.com, and i cant seem to visualize an obvious setup using their parts, mainly their weird looking shifter arm piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts