Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not the tell-tail of deflowered virgins, nor KY...

In Europe its called red rubber grease used for rebuilding internally calipers,masters and cylinders..

mainly I have seen it sold in small tins or plastic tubs (castrol to name one...)

in the US its not available for sale in the 'red' form... Is ours just a different color?

While most good kits come with a small supply, I wish to buy a tube locally to have when servicing/maintaining calipers and masters..

Have read alot of conflicting advice to whats equivelent..

What's the forum's advice on what to use /recomend ?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I got some off e-bay, didn't need 50lbs of it, someone is re-packaging into 1~2 oz tins for about $6.00

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks CRAZYPJ, researched that on ebay also..it was recomended at work to see just what was out there on the shelf whats being used and sold by the auto supply houses and bike shops .. AGS's Sil -Glyde kept up being the #1 recomended product over #2's Permatex green (came to understand green hardens alot quicker with age)..

The AGS web site's material application information sheet states clearly this can be use to coat and protect INTERNALLY caliper bore's and boot's from moisture , thou it is not not clearly stated on the squeeze tube itself of that specific use.
(tube states ; ease rebuilding of rubber parts ; o-rings ,grommets and boots ..seals boots against moisture)

being silicone based and not petrolium it should work fine with rubber parts..

Sil-glyde so far has the best rep of consistant use on the net and locally ..

thoughts to yeah or ney?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts