Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
nice...wish i had that kinda sq. footage.
-parks
ps. looks like a post apocalyptic biker bomb shelter.
pps. needs a couch.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it's weird me not seeing any race bikes in there too. Forks are CR80 forks waiting for me to buy a CRF150 to put them on. I haven't ridden the RC in 3 months. Just got some 1" round tube dies for the Hossfeld...love em, 1" is so useful and you can get the tube in any material.
Actually I use the AC as a de-humidifier when it's damp...you can't see it but there's a bucket to catch the water. One side of the shop get's cooler...the other side gets hotter :)

JohnnyB

·
Registered
326 Posts
I see the milling machine in the corner...jealous!

I used to work at a factory and used to play with a manual industrial lathe. Well,it was CNC,but I wasn't so it was manual for me!;)
Lots of fun making stuff on it such as cool little flash hiders for my guns,etc. The more you work the things the better you get and the more you can do with them which is enjoyable.

Never used the big mills though because crashing one of those was out of the question! I didn't feel like losing my job and paying big,big bucks for a new mill/head.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The mill is a 1957 Bridgeport. Not perfect, but gets close enough for what I do with it.
Got a crappy little Chinese lathe too....good for arc'ing shoes and making spacers, that's about it.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
JB, I just bought an air comditioner for my shop, for dampness, but I put it in the window. Will it work better just being inside like yours or is it because you have no windows?
s

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
there are stacks of it at my local homedepot. no cameras either, i checked. shelves from homedepot, race crates from cvs!

jc

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Is your hossfeld bolted to the floor? and if not how do you brace it off when you are cranking on it? everything else looks pretty portable, bridgport excepted. nice shop
cheers, bcr

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Evil....exactly right, no window, I'm sure it would dehumidify even better the way you have it. My shop stays plenty cool luckily.

Jim...I got the pallet racking here: http://www.shelving.com/home.html and what you see was about $1200 worth.

Joe...Go talk to the manager of the Home Depot immediately. They give the stuff away...sometimes they have a hard time even getting someone to take it away. After I bought all mine I had a talk with a Home Depot employee who informed me they give it away when it gets scratched up or dented. Problem is, much of it is probably 4 feet deep. Which is too deep for a shop, all the stuff in my shop is 24" deep which is more difficult to find.

BCR...Hossfeld bolts to a plate that is bolted to the floor, so the Hossfeld can be removed, leaving a 1" tall plate on the floor in case I need the room for something. Even the Bridgeport is on a wheeled carraige I made, then blocked up level when in position. Everything is on wheels...Mill, Welders, blasting cabinet, saws, sheet metal brakes (yellow thing under the lathe bench), welding table, tool boxes. With the exception of the racks themselves, the furnace and the compressor, everything more than a couple hundred pounds is on wheels. Necessary with my limited room if I get a large job to do.
JohnnyB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts