Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a relay im thinking for turn signals? They just stay on when you turn on the switch. Am i screwed or do i just need to do a lot of searching? And one more question. Rebuild my own forks or let a shop do it? Small leak on the fork seal.
Oh yea about the turn signals, sometimes i have to ride at night and seems the 5.0 dont like hand signals at three in the morning, but then again, the neighbors dont like me hitting 7,000 rpms after warmup either!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Fork seals - get a manual and do them yourself. Shops don't like doing them and will charge you accordingly (same with caliper rebuilds).

Turn signals - staying on can be a sign of low voltage. Check your charging system first. Also, if you have LED signals, a standard relay may not work due to the reduced current. If this is the case, buy a LED (or "no load") relay.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh no, i dont have a turn sginal relay, i need to get one, thats why the turn signals stay on. I dont have the original, i would like to get small leds for easier mount but dont know which ones i should get? any ideas?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for the info about the generic turn signals relays. i was about to pay thirty five for an original, screw that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts