Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the front foot pegs on my CB750. I realized that the bolt they mount with is also an engine mount bolt. Should I just shim the bolt out with washers to take the place of the pegs or get a shorter bolt.

If I get a shorter bolt does it matter what it is made out of. (again, clueless) Are bolts that size steel?

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
IIRC it will take a buttload of washers to make up the space left from removing the pegs. As far as I know the foot peg bolts are not engine mount bolts. the engine mount bolts are at the front and the rear of the motor (one up front on that triangle bracket and two in the rear in those plates welded to the frame).

if you are that concerned about it make a spacer out of bar stock - less homemade looking than just 20 washers and will probably be more sturdy.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Mut, i got a dye and threaded the same long stud further down so i didn't have to use washers. then i cut of 1/2" on both ends so it didn't look like something was missing. I can't remember the thread pitch at the moment though. but it is indeed a motor mount. i ran the bike for 100 miles without out anything there at all actually, so i'm not too sure that it is important. there are 3 other mounts for the motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts