Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have henning style pipes on my cb 350 racer,the fiberglass and perf pipe was removed and suppertrapps were instaled. I would like to go back to glasspacks. To repack do you use a light fibre like insulation, or do you use a heavy fibre like chopped mat or cloth?Should you try to fit as much fibreglass in the muffler as you can, or do you pack it loose? If the supertrapps were reinstalled would it be worth it to put a cone in the muffler where the perf pipe was to finish the full length as a smooth tappered cone? Steve

·
Registered
266 Posts
I repacked my muffler last year with special muffler packing, FMF makes it. You can get it for 2 or 4 stroke engines

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
here's what you do, pull the perf cone baffle and use a broom handle to wad as much glass as you can into the the muffs. if you can persuade some into the headers, even better. this should eliminate the need for at least one disk on the S-Trapps. just keep packin'. perfect for all FCB preped CB350's...makes 'em real fast. it's also a good idea to run a tweaked 4LS brake drum with a few mm of play in the front wheel... especially helpful in T1,3,6 and T10. i'm happy to help any FCB bike with the front end mod...just meet me on the outside of T2, i'll be the guy sliding along about 15yds. behind the sparking gray bike.

but seriously, why with the supertrapps would we want to pack the muffs?

-tt

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yeah, you can buy the muffler packing frmo almost any bike shop.

and yes, fmf makes it too.

jc

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tt, I was thinking of removing the supertrapps and just going with glasspacks. Before NHIS got sticky about noise levels my bike went much better than it does now. I don't know if it was all in my mind or if it was truly better. I was going to try both set ups if I can get some dyno time. It seems that a dyno that was going to be set around here might not be ready soon enough. I guess then it has to happen at a track day. With the open pipes I know its loud,but it seems like some of the WERA guys run a little louder than we do. I was hoping to get in a few races with them this year,so when in Rome do as the Romans. If it takes a little tweaking of the rules just to beat you to the checkers then well ,we will just see what has to be done.BAAAAA ROOOOOOM!!!

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
lone ranger

run with glass pack and open reverse cone on the henning pipes... adjust small variables on a track day... no pressure there... i am running that set up now. if your bike is too loud for nhis come prepared with different setups.

solid plate and fewer discs = more backpressure and more lower end power.... open endcap or more discs = more top end power. stock hondas like backpressure.. stock airboxes etc... but then there is jd running headers with a bend piece of steel plate as a pipe... he goes like stink... you can follow a tuners advice or throw it all away and just ride like a maniac.

i have no idea what i am talking about anyway...

pizza, beer, skateboard time
papa tanner ( 3 weeks or sooner until kid number two)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
>>>>i have no idea what i am talking about anyway..<<<<<
Tan man,

Thanks for saying that........

It saves me from having to say you don't know what your talking about!!

Champ

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
i pretty much enjoy talking shit in a terribly obvious way... just to make people like you... champ... laugh at my bullshit. keeps life interesting... pretty funny when i call someone to get tires, or brakes.. whatever... for the first time and they pretty much call me out by calling me dude. it is as if you sent them the pic of me with the crazy antenna helmet from frontier land 2 years ago...

bla bla bla.
latered again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts