Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is my current petcock on my '76 CB750 F:

I have a CB750f tank on it's way from ebay but it is also petcockless. I really don't want to spend 71.04 to get one from the dealer as that is more than the tank itself. I found a used petcock on egay (I'm stealing that from whoever said that before) but I'm having trouble finding a rebuild kit for the F model.

My bike came with a petcock for the tank that is on it, but I have no idea what it is from and the guy I got the bike from said that it didn't flow enough for the bike. I'll try and post a picture when I get home tonight.

Any suggestions?

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

Edited by - lefty337 on Sep 10 2007 3:30:06 PM

·
Registered
15 Posts
As far as a replacement petcock goes - I am not sure. However, for rebuild kits, this guy cannot be beat; I bought two kits off of him in the last month:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdgs38

Great dude; all of his rebuild kits are NOS parts. I'd email him to find out if he has one for the F.

-Steve

-Steve

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just emailed him. Thanks for the advice. Now all that's left is to hope and pray.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so here are the pictures of my current petcock supposedly from the current tank as promised:

and here is the current tank as many have seen before:

If anybody can figure out what this tank is from I'd appreciate it. It doesn't fit my stock CB750F frame if that helps at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts