Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i had stuck clutch plates on a bultaco that had sat for some time, i had to pry them apart with a screw driver, took them out cleaned them oiled them and put them back and all was well.
i would check the plates to see if there stuck together, then find and adjust the slack adjuster, not the cable but the [ clutch lifter adjusting screw]

its right under the brass grease nipple,

first you may want to take off the rear cover disassemble the lifter, clean it and grease it, see items 6 through 13 don't lose the ball # 21

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
yes,
when you pull the lever you are trying to separate the plates, if they are stuck together there will be lots of lever pressure, like pushing against the wall you push it does not move- equals pressure,
you may find some of the plates are free and some are stuck, they all need to be free,
if you have 8 friction disks and 8 plates and you only have one free then when you pull the lever half the pack is moving against the springs, but as some are glued together, when you put it in gear even with the lever pulled in power is being transmitted through the stuck sets, and the bike will try to take off, go ahead and pop the cover off the hardest part is going to be getting the screws out of the side cover, after that you will find it pretty easy,
get a book/ manual and an impact screw driver, its not as bad as you may be thinking

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
ken is he saying the lever is slack or the lever has pressure im not clear on that from his postings?
if the lever is slack, do what ken said start on the right side with the lifter slack ajustment.
if the lever has pressure than check the adjustment on the right and look at you plates too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.