Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
26,142 Posts
the cap should be the same for most honda models (looks the same as my 750, but I know the 175 and 350s have a different one). If it is the cap is rivited on and you will need to drill out the old rivit and replace with a new rivet. I think the rivit is still available from honda, but I would make sure you have one before you start to destroy the old one.

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:
the cap should be the same for most honda models (looks the same as my 750, but I know the 175 and 350s have a different one). If it is the cap is rivited on and you will need to drill out the old rivit and replace with a new rivet. I think the rivit is still available from honda, but I would make sure you have one before you start to destroy the old one.
Thats what I was afraid of. Could I just use any old rivot, does it have to be from Honda?

· Registered
26,142 Posts
quote:
quote:
Thats what I was afraid of. Could I just use any old rivot, does it have to be from Honda?
It is like a super long rivet with a funny head, I think any old pop rivet will have too big a head to allow free movement of the gas cap. I've seen guys replace them with long but tiny flathead screws and had no problem, I think that is how honda service did it back it the day if they had to replace your cap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.