Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a CL350 and I love it more than anything. It is currently a hardtail and helped me develop a pilonidal cyst on my tailbone[xx(]. As you can imagine I don't want that to happen again. I was originally planning on selling it and getting something newer with more padding/suspension, but I can't bear to see it go. So how much and what parts would I need to restomod it to make it easier to manage, as I am also moving to an apartment.

Two main things- Rear suspension and Battery life!

What are some quality shocks I could put on? And what could I do to make it so I don't have to put it on a trickle charger every night? The more permanent and the newer the technology the better. Thanks for the help, i'm new to this world but love it[^]

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
As far as shocks go, Works, Hagon, Koni(Ikon?) are all good shocks, but even the 70 dollar cheapies you can get on ebay are alright, and better than what you have.

If your bike is discharging every night, you have either a bad battery or current drain somewhere. check your connections and your rectifier (maybe it's not charging right?)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shocks originally mount to a metal piece off of the rear fender it looks like, would shocks be ok in place of where the straight bars currently are?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yeah, they mount to towers around where those struts are mounted. ikons are good. so are hagons. progressives are ok. redwings too.

dump that header too. put a highpipe back on it.

not a bad looking bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I found a set of progressive shocks including springs and shipping for $250. Any better deals to be had? The only ones I could find on ebay were 400 lb rating made for a gullwing. Here's another view (Dont drink and drive!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts