Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quote: Champ volunteered me right out of that job...you know...cause I wasn't "timely", apparently people couldn't wait like 3 days to get their results....or at least that's what the story is. ( I usually just read the label on my trophy to see how I finished :)

All complaints for mangled results, questionable championship tallys etc can be directed to him.

All I ever did was add up numbers...I guess the new methods are more complex and require consultations, massages and interpertation. ( I have a feeling I'm going to get massaged right out of my ULWSV championship) For which I can promise all hell will break loose.

If you mean Giro results, I don't think that's in Champ's ball park, I think that's Bob C's domain.
JohnnyB
The results are in. The points for the championship and the Giro are quite a mess. There are 3-4 classes that are questionable. Don't shoot the messenger!! The only reason I took over tallying the points was to get the results to the media-which is a chore in it self. All classes for the championship will be decided by Bob C. not me, soooo, if you have any questions or concerns please forward them to him. I can tell you this, I won't be doing the results any more, just isn't worth the crap I've been getting. I'm told one thing by some one and another by some one else. I can promise how points are tallied will be a topic of discussion at the rules meeting at the banquet so if you would like to air your views I would suggest you attend. I must say that I am tired of the banter. I have been involved with the club for 15 years now and it's starting not to be fun any more. My passion to help and to see everybody having fun is waning.

Out to the garage now to work on my Puch SR125 for the spring Giro!!

JS

·
Registered
569 Posts
hey Champ,
Yeah, but do you have the giro results yet ?

d.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
hey Champ,
Yeah, but do you have the giro results yet ?
Ooooohhhhh Champ. Lighten up. People are giving you crap because its fun to give you crap. And this forum is a little like the Skulls list where opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. Or everyone is an asshole.

I forget.

Your an easy target because the results are your domain and your tied for a championship. That situation is like t-ball, so easy to hit a home run.

Heck, if you're getting them out the media, that's great. The USCRA can use all the publicity the club can get.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Champ, et al, it's all about COMMUNICATION. Open communication.

We all know there are going to be issues that need to be resolved. But all we seem to get is silence . . . and no information. What are the classes that are questionable? Can't they be discussed among gentlemen so they can be resolved? Otherwise we all sit and wait. And the silence is deafening, to use a trite hackneyed phrase.

Noone is shooting the messenger . . . well, OK, we are. Because there is no other route. What I am curious about is the "to get the results to the media". What does that mean? When has it been necessary to get results to the media? And shouldn't we (USCRA) get results before they get to the media? I've never seen results in any media. (OK< I do not subscribe to RRWorld)

And forwarding questions or concerns to Bob? He can't do everything. He's got to have someone do this kind of work for him.

Sure, it's a CLUB. We are not supposed to be pissing away at each other about who comes in first or who won the championship. But that's the way it is, and always will be. I got an honest to god third place in middleweight prod, and I am still buzzing from it. we all want to win. And we want to know as soon as possible. We want to see our names next to a 1, 2, 3, 4, or even 5.

So open it all up, let us know what the issues are or where the discrepancies lay. At least to the people involved. And get it settled.

I know there are issues that I do not know about, so if I am blowing it all out of proportion, I apologize. But there is no good reason given why results have not been posted; if there is a reason, there is no reason why we should not know what it is and be made aware of it.

It's all about openness and communication. The USCRA has poor communication between it's members and "management". There needs to be open dialogue. My two cents.

Now shut up Dale.

·
Registered
569 Posts
hey evil,
Yeah, but, are the giro results going to be in the newsletter..?

d.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
John,
I would give you crap but I don't know whats going on. That would make me a Clancey.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
For the six years I did the points I always enjoyed it. Not sure why it's a pain all of a sudden.
If you get tired of the job, I can do the points, and you can send the results to the media (which I sucked at anyway).

One key is....I'd tell anyone at anytime what the current tally was and where they were currently placed in the championships. No secrets, very open. If their tally was different from mine...we'd figure out why.
I think in six years I had to defer to Bob maybe once.

Continuity is important...I tallied the points the same way for six years, and it was the same way Karl did it before me. People knew what to expect, no surprises, no guessing games.

And I took it for granted, as the score keeper I would be scrutinized very closely in any championship I was shooting for.

The job is very easy when handled in a frank and open manner.

But, I have no passion to help...and I hate seeing people have fun... so I don't have to worry about losing either of those qualities :)
I've got more jobs you can have if you want them.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
PS. For those interested in the scoring for Championship points in the USCRA they can be found in section 4.9 of the USCRA Rulebook.

First Place 5 points
Second Place 3 Points
Third Place 2 points
Fourth Place 1 point
All FINISHERS 1 point

Note that DNF/DNS is not listed anywhere, at anytime as receiving any points of any kind.

Please review the rulebook and remember this.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:For the six years I did the points I always enjoyed it. Not sure why it's a pain all of a sudden.
If you get tired of the job, I can do the points, and you can send the results to the media (which I sucked at anyway).

One key is....I'd tell anyone at anytime what the current tally was and where they were currently placed in the championships. No secrets, very open. If their tally was different from mine...we'd figure out why.
I think in six years I had to defer to Bob maybe once.

Continuity is important...I tallied the points the same way for six years, and it was the same way Karl did it before me. People knew what to expect, no surprises, no guessing games.

And I took it for granted, as the score keeper I would be scrutinized very closely in any championship I was shooting for.

The job is very easy when handled in a frank and open manner.

But, I have no passion to help...and I hate seeing people have fun... so I don't have to worry about losing either of those qualities :)
I've got more jobs you can have if you want them.
JohnnyB
johnnyb, you are right, every thing you say is right. i conceed to your interpretation of the rules of the point system. it is all my fault and please take over tallying the points for the championship.
i'll let bob c. know you got it from here.

thanks again,
john

JS

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
sooooo...what's the tally mr. branson? what classes have ties and what are you going to do about it?
-parks
p.s. i'm a bit testy because i did a brutal three hour mountain bike ride. now i'm tired and cranky. so there.

Edited by - parks61 on Oct 28 2007 7:58:01 PM

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Parks,
I should have that info available within the next 24 to 36 hours. (with the exception of Giro results which Bob handles I think).

Typically the process is the info goes to Bob first. He gives the go ahead to release it, then it can be posted on the website, newsletter etc.

However if someone inquires about a particular championship I'll be happy to respond with the points total I supply to Bob for that class.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i have to ask....what media is it released to??

wowsers....

erin.....theres no "e" in my last name.

jc

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
interesting transaction just occurred here.

Go Patriots. Go Red Sox.

Go Clancey.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ties should be based on overall best finishes. if theres a tie, who got the most 2nds, if that doesnt settle, then go from there. most 3rds etc...if that doesnt do it, the honda wins.

jc

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
of course that makes the most sense...but that age old race principle is not codified in the rule book as of yet. this season of multiple ties is unprecidented and was unfortunately un anticipated as well. john should win ulwsv.
-parks

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Parks, stop editing your posts to correct your bad spelling. I'll do it for you.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
As per USCRA tradition of the last decade or so, in the event of a points tie, the first tie breaker is number of wins, second tie breaker is number of races completed.

The kicker would be if for instance, in a race season of four races, two guys had two wins each and two DNF's. That would be an absolute tie assuming no one had "away" points.
In a situation like that, it would probably come down to a decision between the two parties concerned to either have an official tie...or just flip a coin. But I've yet to see an absolute tie.

I have to get back to typing stuff.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Championship totals are done with the exception of 50cc and SideCar. They had some two race events this year...I have to get some clarification on whether there were heat races involved or all point races.

I can safely say. Congrats Parker, 250gp and 350gp Champion, with a PERFECT season in 250gp, won every race.

CafeRacer is very well represented in the results. Big Kudos to Evil and Jersey Girl for doing lots of racing in fast classes and representing well.

Parker's the man...first sweep I've seen in such a heavily contested class. Supreme riding this year.
JohnnyB

1 - 20 of 44 Posts