Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe crashed before the day got started. Which worked for me and Johny cause we were so far behind as far as being ready. Thanks Joe!

Johny B. kicked ass for his first race event ever on a bike we put together in one night for him to race. He had respectable low 1'40 lap times.

Mike O. whooped ass.
3rd - 50gp
5th - 350gp on a bike he haden't riden before.

Tony "The Knife" Cocorro
Tony's bike still isn't running right, he had a very bad attitude, and was giving Rule Directors a hard time. He still actually pulled good lap times considering his bike was runnning like shit, and pulled a

5th - Open GP

Aaron
2nd - Ultra Lightweight Super
6th - 250gp Probably one of my better races. Pulled mid 1'30's and still got whooped by 2 Bultacos and a Suzuki X6 shitbox. All had over 30 rear wheel BHP. Finally actually caught and passed John Strempfer with out him having bike problems after being held back a dink who had a fast bike but couldn't ride it into the corner. The guys runs me off the track in to turn 3 hold me up in almost every other corner and then ran me in to the grass crossing the chicane into 12. So I went right from 11 to the straight flat track style, chased him down and figured if I was going to crash that race he was going with me. The best part of the thing I was talking to Todd M. and he had the same guy run him down in 3 and run him off in the same spot in the chicane. What a dick - Watch out for #89. Anyway to make a long story short I railed this dink in to turn 3 and finally got away from him. After I chased down John S. and worked really hard to pass him he set me up and took me over at the finish line to quickly put me back in to the 6th position.

DNF - Lightweight Feature Race

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
second and sixth, nice job! would have liked to see how you finished without some horn in front of you. what was the dnf for?

you all right joe? break much?

low 1'40's is damn fine. especially on the 350F. better than my first time out.

poor tony, he's got to get that bike straightened out. but a 5th in open gp is pretty damn good though

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
wow, aaron, i didnt realize you were doing mid 130's. i think thats the best lap i ever did then crashed. we will be good competition when i dont crash. i have a pic of johnny in the lwsv race. couple of pics of mike too. and one of me. i'll send em over to you to post if you want.

yeah, i crashed out in the last laps of the final practice. bent something in the front end. i think i did the wheel and the fork tubes. its definitely whacked. exiting the chicane passing like 4 bikes. the back end came around and shot me off. i think i slid about 40 or 50 feet. (judging by the gouges and oil spot i left on the track.) had to get pics of that!!! they even red flagged the practice! i got a great compliment from mike o. he said he was having a hard time catching up with me. i usually figure if i can get out of the pits early enough, he'll catch me pretty fast. it took him a while and i think the only reason he finally did was becasue i slowed a little because of traffic. (then went ripping after he did and crashed) his new bike is a killer. the brake runs soo cool, it wasnt even warm after the practices! maybe too cool. im good though and have tons of work before belknap. im going to be a busy busy boy in the next week and a half. i'll have to get some times next time im up. i know im faster now than i was then.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... I noticed everyone seemed to have turned it up a notch. I think if you road to your potential during a whole race instead of when you feel like it that you would place very well. I know for me going faster will consist of my bike being a little tighter than it did and me physically working out. I was actually running out of strength in turn 9 and 10a, but was very happy with my new frame, suspension, and over all handling. I noticed that my brand new tyre has major stress cracks (not dry rought). I never seen anything like it. You'll have to see it, its very weird. I couldn't get my bike over 8 grand so when I figure that out things should be good. The nice thing was the Ducs and the Buls didn't leave me at the line this year, and I'm geared way to tall, so things are finally looking up for BSA grenade. The best part of the weekend for me catching John.

Send me those pics... I am doing the new site and need more current pics.

AARON
Its funny after I realized it was you who crashed, I was like "hey thats my friend" and than slowed down to see if you were ok. I don't want anymore friends.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:
second and sixth, nice job! would have liked to see how you finished without some horn in front of you. what was the dnf for?

you all right joe? break much?

low 1'40's is damn fine. especially on the 350F. better than my first time out.

poor tony, he's got to get that bike straightened out. but a 5th in open gp is pretty damn good though
I don't know what happened. All I know is I'm just getting used to having my knee down in 9 going down the hill and my bike shut off. I didn't even find out what the reason was. I was having too much fun, so I coasted in and rolled it in the van. Will probably look at it tonight.

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
dont panic about those cracks. i have seen that on alot of the race tyres. it is very very weird. i was looking at several sets of tyres this weekend that have them. they look like dry rot but its not. i also have very bad news about my drum brake. my wheel on the racer is bent im pretty sure. and the forks too. and my 450 drum right now is in severe limbo. like it may not be done. then im severely f*@%!d. ug

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well... worst case, I will bring an entire 350 four front end up for the June events if don't have anything to run. I was at the shop all night putting my motor back together and working some bugs out. I also found the problem that gave me the DNF... it amazing how important fuel really is.

Let me know, Aaron

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
quote:
Joe crashed before the day got started. Which worked for me and Johny cause we were so far behind as far as being ready. Thanks Joe!

Johny B. kicked ass for his first race event ever on a bike we put together in one night for him to race. He had respectable low 1'40 lap times.

Mike O. whooped ass.
3rd - 50gp
5th - 350gp on a bike he haden't riden before.

Tony "The Knife" Cocorro
Tony's bike still isn't running right, he had a very bad attitude, and was giving Rule Directors a hard time. He still actually pulled good lap times considering his bike was runnning like shit, and pulled a

5th - Open GP

Aaron
2nd - Ultra Lightweight Super
6th - 250gp Probably one of my better races. Pulled mid 1'30's and still got whooped by 2 Bultacos and a Suzuki X6 shitbox. All had over 30 rear wheel BHP. Finally actually caught and passed John Strempfer with out him having bike problems after being held back a dink who had a fast bike but couldn't ride it into the corner. The guys runs me off the track in to turn 3 hold me up in almost every other corner and then ran me in to the grass crossing the chicane into 12. So I went right from 11 to the straight flat track style, chased him down and figured if I was going to crash that race he was going with me. The best part of the thing I was talking to Todd M. and he had the same guy run him down in 3 and run him off in the same spot in the chicane. What a dick - Watch out for #89. Anyway to make a long story short I railed this dink in to turn 3 and finally got away from him. After I chased down John S. and worked really hard to pass him he set me up and took me over at the finish line to quickly put me back in to the 6th position.

DNF - Lightweight Feature Race

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John,
I think your supposed to put words down when you reply. Here's a pic for you untill you figure out how to post a message.

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
kick ass pic.

too bad its kinda blurry. but still cool. aaron, we should figure a way to get these digital movies from my 'corder to your server without me being involved. i wonder if theres a way?

i'll shoot you over some pics tonight.

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joe,
I can take care of the movie. Worst case scenario you can ftp the whole thing to my server. Wheres the pics?

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i only have it on digital vid tape. maybe you have a player and vid card that'll take it no?? my vid card is no good and i aint shelling out for a huge drive to play a damned vid. we/i only pretty much use the laptops now. the mac had to have the power switch changed to a hand crank. and there is no firewire on it.

ug, the pics are on the other laptop, i'll get them out to you when i hook that one up. im usually on this one. im often too lazy to lug the modem and coax up the 5 steps and plug it in. i used to save to flop and upload from it, just to avoid having to lug wires up the steps then dig behind the couch. damned im lazy.

any thoughts of bumping to 350 gp in the next weekend?? my hondas hungry for some crumpets and tea if you know what i mean.
:p

later
jc

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
thats a pretty effin sweet picture
but who is passing who?

joe wants your tea and crumpets if you know what I mean

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was passing Strempfer, but he wa actually setting me up to blaze by me at the start finish line.

Aaron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts