Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have a retro or cafe style fairing on their bike? Examples are:

If so, is there any way I can get some dimensional measurements on them? Left to Right, Top to Bottom, etc? I like how they look, but would really like to know the size of them before I fork over the dough.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
check out the rd400 thread in the build section...i think that's the top one.

email airtech for measurements and fitment.

you should really look at glass from the past. contact bret from this forum.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I had the M4K on my BMW R100 until it was knocked over and broke. I just purchased a cheapo bullet fairing from Miwaukee Cycle for a quick replacement. You can find them on ebay. # 250274662699 or call them directly. By cheapo I mean they aren't a $200 fairing, but are functional and work okay.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was planning on e-mailing Airtech if I couldn't get someone on here to do it for me. :p I had also stumbled across GFTP at one point too. Also looks like a quality product. I was just using Airtech as an example.

I'll be sure to theck out the RD400 thread.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I am in the process of mounting a bullet fairing on my cb750 now. I should have it mounted in another day or so. I had to fabricate several mods to make everything work. I'll post some pictures once I've got this mounted. From my perspective, it looks ok and I like the way it keeps the bugs off my front end of the bike - I'm tired of spitting out the wings...

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Glass From the Past is a good place. You could also have a look at tga.co.uk They do a range of replica race fairings, seats, and fenders. I bought a Peel Replica Mountain Mile fairing from them a while back and can't say enough good things about them. Fast, friendly service by a guy who knows what YOU are talking about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
quote:Originally posted by catboy

check out the rd400 thread in the build section...i think that's the top one.

email airtech for measurements and fitment.

you should really look at glass from the past. contact bret from this forum.
The fairing on the RD400, like the one in the top picture, is a plastic cheapie I picked up for about $65. You can find them around on the internet.

I had a 900SS fairing on my KZ1000

But after the hassle of installing it, I would just go with the bullet fairing. It is also nice to have the headlight turn with the handlebar.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help, guys (and maybe gals?). Preciate it. I think I'll probably do the smaller bullet fairing, since I'll be able to mount it to the front, and maybe not have it interfere with the triple or tank. I just need something to clean up the front a little, and give the bike that nice retro look I'm going for. :D

·
Registered
692 Posts
The top one looks like a R90/100 fairing and the other looks likes kinda like a Rickmann . Airtech obviously. You can grab a Viper fairing like the one on the black CB at partsnmore.com or crc2online for like 60-70$ prepainted in black. The Airtech stuff is kinda pricey since it's unfinished and you need to drill your own holes and such. Still decent thought . There's also glassfromthepast.com you can check .
What's it going on ? PArdon me if don't know . Kinda new here.:D

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
airtech stuff explodes on impact.

you have been warned.

texy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts