Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think the title says it all about my question.... retrofit a set of rear set from something else or "create" my own? that would be for both the Fauxcati (FT500) and the CB650.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i'm partial to the "build my own" way of doing things. that being said, a retro fit can look and work great if done well. and most likely (definitely) the retro option will get you back out riding quicker.
parks

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i just got done making my own. it was waay easier, if you have a lath and the right tooling.

jc

jc

aaron sent my wheel!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm making my own too, the begs with shifters pop up on ebay everyonce in a while, just gotta make your own brackets and your good to go

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

·
Registered
41 Posts
i used a cnc mill and made an retrofit adapter for my cb175 so that i could use a set of stock FZR600 rearests. it worked perfectly. but i had to redo the rear braking system and shifter shaft.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, for the FT i was thinking about just making my own brackets and stuff and welding some mounting points and just using the stock pegs. for the cb650 i need a bolt on move because i am not the only owner and since the bike is cherry, i dont want to do irreverssible mods.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

·
Registered
217 Posts
I retro-fit a pair of rearsets offa 2001 GSXR for my 74 Honda CB450 project (pics below)...

ProTeal55
Member: Ton-Up Club Chicago

Edited by - Geeto67 on Apr 20 2007 2:30:57 PM

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
there is a post on the SOHC4.net board about european controls and pegs for the cb650 and how they are more set back. might be worth checking out.

http://www.sohc4.us/forums/index.php?topic=14889.0

I know for the DOHC bikes there were "sport kits" available which were factory low bars and rearsets.

If you look at Raask's design for other cb bikes with those aluminum foot peg mounts, they look pretty simple to make. Some plate steel and aluminum spacers and it looks like you are in business.

Proteal - fixed your pics again, LOWER CASE img tags (no cut and paste).

Edited by - Geeto67 on Apr 20 2007 2:33:36 PM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts