Cafe Racer Forum banner

Rfy shock rebuild

5K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  TrialsRider 
#1 ·
I started today disassembling the rfy shocks and immediately saw somethings wrong with other shock. When i relealed the n2 from the reservoir it started to spray oil from there. When i disassembled the reservoir i saw there is a big hole in the bladder... Is there any bladders as an spare part wich will fit straigt to the reservoir?

Shocks were brand new and already in pretty awful shape...

See less See more
#2 ·
How are you testing them? It's best to remove the spring, mount one at a time on the swingarm and pump the thing up and down by hand to see how effective it shocks.

What's the billboard hanging off the side of the bike, you know that would make a pretty good rear fender extension ;) and it won't be bouncing and down on every bump.

#5 ·
Picture is taken in the middle of the winter and whole bike was totally unfinished.?

How are you testing them? It's best to remove the spring, mount one at a time on the swingarm and pump the thing up and down by hand to see how effective it shocks.

What's the billboard hanging off the side of the bike, you know that would make a pretty good rear fender extension ;) and it won't be bouncing and down on every bump.
I just moved both shocks up and down and other one was "bubbling" then i released the nitrogen of it and it started spraying oil? that's when i knew i had to open it up.

And the bill board is register plate mount and it have changed too at the past months.

You can find a bladder on alibaba.com it will likely take a lot of searches but it will be there. There doesn't seem to be a company website so it's probable RFY is just a Chinese anagram in English it would be FCS.
It can be hard to order chinese stuff these days.. Race tech sells some bladders but i dont know how they measure the bladder. Is the giver dimension inner diameter or outer diameter.

#6 ·
When you find a bladder I would buy two and replace both.

I avoid Chinese products where the company doesn't have a website or contact information. Their products are cheap prices because everything about them is low grade. The sales will keep rolling in as long as we live in a world that believes you can get something for nothing. RFY's price is low so you'll buy them. They don't need to worry about complaints because you have nothing to complain about. You paid for a cheap shock and you got a cheap shock...deal done, delivery complete.

RFY shocks are sold everywhere, even Walmart. Somewhere in China there are parts for them.

#12 ·
Hey thanks guys for great tips. Fyi i have already disassembled the shocks and i know that they aren't the best shocks but that was never the point.. I just came to ask if anyone knows if there is a spare bladders for those shocks, I didn't ask your opnion about tyres etc. If you don't have anything reasonable to say you might aswell shut the f up?

#15 · (Edited)
?? I meant you can leave your irrelevant topics as your own information. If there a shinko mocking thread you can go there mocking them. I am not going to race those tires or bike anyway ?? The thread is not for shinko tire it is those shitty shocks i ha e bought and asking if there is any spare parts for them?

#16 ·
Yes , off other shitty shocks.

The bubble sound didn't mean shit if the shock works good, bench test it and if it passes, ride the fucking thing and see. We ride the shit out of our bikes here, people are going to call those tires clown shoes and it wasn't me that came up with that, I think that one was geeto.
The guys here are gear heads and real honest to goodness racers, most would put shocks like that on a bike to sell it not race it. Welcome to canfeRacer.net lol if it's not a performance modification or a simple mechanical or electrical issue :| you is in the wrong place for suggestions.

#20 ·
I would check with this guy RFY Shocks Rebuild Service to see if he has spare parts or can direct you to where you can get some.
That is a 6+ year old thread and all he is offering to do is replace the oil and air :|
This is on a then brand new shock 6 years ago and he calls that a shock rebuild?
:/ you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

"Shocks were brand new and already in pretty awful shape..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.