Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm Trevor from Rhode Island
Been browsing your site for a while, but never thought to register until I saw the vocal hatred for hipsters you guys have (courtesy of the "Knee Indents" post).

Needless to say, my current bike is a 1982 Honda CX500C which is in its second stage of construction.
The first phase was just a quick "get her to run and ready to ride" set up consisting of a Deluxe model tank, adjustable clubmans (I know, I know. they are really comfortable though), a 2-into-1 exhaust, pods, re-jet, new seat ect.

Pics of Phase Zero:

Phase One:
-Note: I neglected to do rear sets in phase one. It's in the works now.

Phase Two (in the works now) consists of cleaning up and powder coating the frame, clip-ons, new seat mount and new tail light, rear sets, and a complete re-wire among other things.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Cx500s suck balls. I lived in Woonsocket, N. Smithfield, Barrington, and Cumberland. Too lazy to read your bio. Where exactly are you? Nobody lives in Providence but hipster poseurs.

Oh yeah, your bike sucks. Welcome aboard.

Actually I have been to many worse cities than Providence... I currently call Detroit-ish home.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
nothing wrong with the adjustable clubmans - they help avoid the issue that cause the discord about them here.

where did you get that seat? oh, and welcome!

EDIT: I see you changed to the CX gas tank that doesn't suck. Good work!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahah yea the CX does kind of suck... it had originally been listed as a CB500 and when i went to look at it and realized the listing was wrong the guy dropped the price waaaay too low to walk away.

I live just south of Providence, and as much as I love the architecture and location of the city, its definitely overrun by hipsters (when you have Brown university and RISD in one city, what do you expect)

luckily I haven't seen many hipsters on bikes yet... i think they're all gravitating toward vespas here.

The seat was one from Air-tech (didn't have time to make one all "proper like") that I had upholstered in faux ostrich skin

oh and heres a beer to Judeyramone, the one to initiate my brutal baptism of fire into the unforgiving site known as caferacer.net ;)

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Welcome,
Don't even listen to Judey, he is a whining crybaby.
I like the CX, cause it is different. You might want to spring (pun intended) for some decent shocks and tires,
Adjustable clubman bars are cool.

Ken

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its kind of funny actually...

I was riding down the street in the artsy side of Prov. and i see coming towards me a group of 50 or so scooters... boy did I turn onto a side street fast!

but yea I'm still undecided as to whether or not to keep the clubmans, heres the only pic I have of them (the most important parts at least):

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
quote:
Summers will usually see me trolling around Providence on my slow-as-fuck CX500 looking for something to do.
You have a CX500 with clubmans. Someone here on this board, somewhere, is having seizures over this. Please, for me, I beg you, put an Ace Cafe spade on your tank, if only for one picture.

I salute you, sir.

p.s. your bike does not suck.

p.p.s. hipsters suck. I think it's the stupid glasses they wear.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahah thanks borzawie.
you should have seen me before the clubmans... i was using the stock handlebars turned upside down

(kidding! although I've seen it done...)

·
Registered
692 Posts
quote:Originally posted by borzwazie

quote:
Summers will usually see me trolling around Providence on my slow-as-fuck CX500 looking for something to do.
You have a CX500 with clubmans. Someone here on this board, somewhere, is having seizures over this. Please, for me, I beg you, put an Ace Cafe spade on your tank, if only for one picture.

I salute you, sir.

p.s. your bike does not suck.

p.p.s. hipsters suck. I think it's the stupid glasses they wear.
Yep . Clubmans and standard footpegs . He's fucking livid. [:p]

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
drop the front an inch. see how it feels. it might look better too. dont go any more than that though. are your clubamns on upside down? for some reason, i like it.

jc

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the clubmans aren't upside down, thats just how I adjusted them so they were comfortable

EDIT:

Oh and what do you guys think about me nickel plating my tank... I got a really good price on having it done and thought it would be neat. i know it defeats the whole purpose of saving weight, but i'm pretty sure the added weight is negligible.
That and I was thinking of replacing my coolant overflow bottle with a martini shaker, but theres something in the back of my mind telling me its too campy.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
what joe c. said. also, like borz, i like the cx500 just because its different. and its a cheap option for a shaft drive/opposed-v guzzi look. i like the guzzis. wonder how it would look in another, more traditional, tubular frame. you could call it a norda, or maybe a honton? dunno. i hate that all that stuff in the front is higher than the rest of the bike. i always hate that.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

quote:Originally posted by CaTacL1sm

luckily I haven't seen many hipsters on bikes yet... i think they're all gravitating toward vespas here.
Rockers vs. Mods! Time for a riot!
there should be a movie about that, and it should be in the states in the 90's, in salt lake city.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts