Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed this one and it has been accepted for display/judging at Legend of the Motorcycle concours at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay, CA. :D:D:D




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Sweet-ass bike man. Also love your 'shop'. Gives off that ol'friendly comfort feelin, not the "hi i'm a sales man that wants your money" vibe.

Beutiful bike, wish I had a triumph.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
ditch the 59 and ace stickers. the headlight is kinda cool up there like that. i always lower mine, but that looks pretty good up hight too. NiCE lookin!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,453 Posts
I have a Triumph (two, actually) and sometimes I wish I didn't.

I have the same floor in my kitchen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,453 Posts
Oh yeah, nice fucking bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by pampadori

ditch the 59 and ace stickers. the headlight is kinda cool up there like that. i always lower mine, but that looks pretty good up hight too. NiCE lookin!
The 59 is hand painted with clear coat over (hard to peel off) the ace cafe sticker may go; but why[?]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
Ron,
That sure is a beauty! I've been following your pics over on ADV. Good stuff. Welcome aboard.... fuk the critics, if you are going for the look of the 'era' the lower clip ons and all that were the order of the day for the ace and 59'er cats. and I bet they all wished for a rickman like that!! and for no reason at all here's a pic of your support vehicle:

http://the59club.com/public_html/amerocker.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by ROSKO

Ron,
That sure is a beauty! I've been following your pics over on ADV. Good stuff. Welcome aboard.... fuk the critics, if you are going for the look of the 'era' the lower clip ons and all that were the order of the day for the ace and 59'er cats. and I bet they all wished for a rickman like that!! and for no reason at all here's a pic of your support vehicle:

http://the59club.com/public_html/amerocker.html
Rosko,
Thanks for the support van and the link; cool stuff![8D][8D][8D]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Dude, that rocks!

Where'd you get that headlight?

I want one in the worst way for my project!

BTW I was in the garage at 5am this morning lowering my clipons :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:Originally posted by CharlieH

Dude, that rocks!

Where'd you get that headlight?

I want one in the worst way for my project!

BTW I was in the garage at 5am this morning lowering my clipons :)
CharlieH:
The headlight is a Lucas repop from Rabers in San Jose.www.rabers.com/ they are on top of british bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
Sweet ride

I saw the same frame kit for sale on ebay one month ago for a CB750 Honda.....

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Last year I won my class with the Triumph below; number 27.


Check out the site http://www.legendofthemotorcycle.com/

This is the email I recieved

Dear Mr. Peck

It is our sincere pleasure to inform you that your 1972 Rickman Triumph Cafe Racer Custom has been selected as an official entry in the third annual Legend of the Motorcycle Concours d’Elegance.

Please send in the entry fee in the amount of $50 to the address at the bottom of this message. Please make checks payable to Legend of the Motorcycle, Inc. (No cash please.) If your name is not printed on the check, clearly indicate whom the entry fee is for. Once this is received, comprehensive details (schedule, parking, field set-up times, instructions, etc.) will be sent to you.

As mentioned on the entry form, all motorcycles being judged will be asked to start. (This does not apply to bikes that are for “display only”.) Owners will need to be present with their motorcycle during judging hours to answer any questions, start the bike, etc. All motorcycles that receive an award will be asked to ride up to the awards stage.

The concours fields are adjacent to the Pacific Ocean. This location, though beautiful, includes lots of sun and wind off the ocean not to mention the cliffs. Best practices include sunscreen for yourself and a precautionary clean-up of your entries after the show.

In addition to press updates about the event, updates specific to your involvement as an entrant will be sent by e-mail. Subject headlines will always be used. If your e-mail address changes or service is disrupted it is imperative you notify us with your new or alternate e-mail address.

We are excited to have you involved. Your support and participation are appreciated. See you in May!

I'm pumped :D:D:D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top