Cafe Racer Forum banner

Ride of the Month (February 2015)

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hoofhearted 
#1 ·
New month, new chance! Remember:

1. You have to currently own the bike
2. Multiple pics are great. Keep them contained to one post.
3. Be nice, or at least if you're going to be a dick, back it off a notch.
4. Give us as much back story as you can.
5. Have a look around the site while you're here.

#2 ·
Bike of the month

I'll bite since no one has stepped up for February yet.

This is my Wards Riverside 250 I picked up from EBay a few years ago for what I think was a bargain price. Previous owner had spent plenty to have it restored so for once I let someone else spend the money. I was looking for a Moto Giro bike and I have to say this one has worked out very nicely.

Not the color combination I would have chosen, but the work was done well so I'm not changing it. Nice new alloy rims etc too.

It's been on at least 4 'Giros and hasn't really been a problem at all. The only hitch has been the stock ignition switch, which is new but a pretty weak design IMHO.

I had to have a countershaft sprocket made up as the rear sprocket can't get any smaller. It's only a 4 speed and the gearing is just too low overall.

This thing climbs hills like a tractor, any gains made by the 2 strokes get eaten up on a hill. Makes a lovely noise with the custom BUB muffler too; never seen one like it. I need to find some more pics that show it off a little better.
She's showing a little wear and tear from the 'Giro events but it always gets a thumbs up from fans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.