Cafe Racer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
View attachment 11693 KZ 750 I built last winter
That's one of the few attractive KZ750 Twins I've seen. It's a strangely proportioned motor that's tough to make look right. And I like the seat — slightly dished with a bit of a bustle, but still looks reasonably comfortable.

EDIT: Looking closer, the leaking fluid from the rear master cylinder is a shame, as are the rusty bits here and there...shoddy details that knock my enthusiasm down a notch. The crud on the starter, however, implies that this bike actually gets ridden some, so I can give it a pass.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

My R5.
Back in '71, when this bike was made, I had a Ducati 250 Diana that was no match for these hot two strokes. This bike is as I would have built it for weekend club racing except for the light & pretty Vintage Smoke rearsets and modern tires.
Before people cry photoshop foul I admit to laying a white sheet on the ground to pick up highlights, and then cloning out the sheet (poorly!).

Jim B

Triumph T3

resized and reposted

before

after.

The idea was to mix cafe racer and steampunk codes, and more roots than beauty contest genes.

Keeping a passenger seat was another objective, even if it didn't help doing the design.

resized and reposted

before

after.

The idea was to mix cafe racer and steampunk codes, and more roots than beauty contest genes.

Keeping a passenger seat was another objective, even if it didn't help doing the design.
Haven't even seen the pictures, but know this will be bad.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Jag, don't make me initiate a "if you don't have anything nice to say" rule in this thread. You're bordering on being a dick just for the sake of being a dick.

Reactions: TCed
Jag, don't make me initiate a "if you don't have anything nice to say" rule in this thread. You're bordering on being a dick just for the sake of being a dick.
Your house, your rules.
I still maintain it is stupid to be actively working to attract this type of junk here when it could be so much more.
But no need to be a broken record and a dick about it any more, I'll cut the shit and be done with it. Clearly my voice has been heard and things just are what they are.

now back to your regularly programming.

Reactions: ffarl
That's one of the few attractive KZ750 Twins I've seen. It's a strangely proportioned motor that's tough to make look right. And I like the seat — slightly dished with a bit of a bustle, but still looks reasonably comfortable.

EDIT: Looking closer, the leaking fluid from the rear master cylinder is a shame, as are the rusty bits here and there...shoddy details that knock my enthusiasm down a notch. The crud on the starter, however, implies that this bike actually gets ridden some, so I can give it a pass.
I agree that's one of the best looking KZ twins I've seen as well.

I think that may not be a leaking rear MC, but some older road grime spilling off the inner fender onto the front of the swingarm and the muffler. Bonus points for having an inner fender.

Quite a tidy way of mounting a rear MC actually.

I agree that's one of the best looking KZ twins I've seen as well.

I think that may not be a leaking rear MC, but some older road grime spilling off the inner fender onto the front of the swingarm and the muffler. Bonus points for having an inner fender.

Quite a tidy way of mounting a rear MC actually.
Explain the drops of fluid on the floor beneath the m/c.

I startrd by cutting the rear of the frame to accept a café loop.
--
I thought since I eleminated the air box and added a pod filter I would have to put bigger jets in it. I tried everything from putting bigger jets in the carb to drilling out the jets but nothing worked. Again, I turned to the forums and someone suggested taking off the pod filter and see how it runs. That was it, the carb wasn't getting enough air. Now I had to get creative. I ended up making a stack for the carb out of some aluminum and stainless steel screen.
--
I built this bike with $1,000 and thats including buying the bike. I made what I could and visited a few swap meets to find parts. The bike will be for sale as soon as I get time to get to the DMV and have the title changed over.
You have been hitting the wrong forums :)
I am glad for you that the bike is together and in a sell-able state (besides the paperwork of course). Now read here - hell you have been a member for a while! - an learn some.

That Commando is really nice, but a bit too shiny for me.

The KZ twin on the other hand is a revelation. Stock they just look awkward and a little ugly. That one has been transformed with some very nice work and interesting design and fabrication details. If it leaks it can be fixed. The front fender for example is nicely done and so is that TZ like inner rear fender. Key under the seat is minimalist and lots of other nice details. It looks well balanced and well executed.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.