Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's in and if you're racing what are you bringing and what classes?
I will be there with the Seca 550 for Vintage superbike middleweight and the CB350 for Vintage superbike lightweight unless a bunch of you guys with 350's want to show up and run some other class. I can fit it into Sportsman 350 or Production lightweight. I plan on being there for Friday practice. Are we camping? I don't think you can camp at the track, but the camping is right across the road from the main entrance. That is how it was 20 years ago. I'll see what I can find out.

Ken

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I'm planning on going. I'll be racing my CB350 in Formula 250 and Formula 500.

Let me know what you find out about camping. I thought it was available at the track.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
From the AHRMA Road America Preview page:

Paddock Camping:
Camping is available for your competitors in the paddock. They can park right in their paddock area. The cost is $50 for trailers and $35 for tents (paddock is paved but there are some grass areas). There is electric in pit lane and that is an additional $20.00. There are a few motor home spaces back in a wooded area in the paddock that are first come, first serve. They are the same price as the paddock spaces and electric is again $20.00. These camping tags are purchased at registration from your staff (you pick them up from us for sale during the weekend). The electrical tags are purchased at our retail store, the 4-Mile Merchant, or from security that comes around to collect for it. Paddock must be vacated Sunday night.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll be there to watch. What day do you guys run..saturday and sunday? I think I'll be dirttrackin friday night in Plymouth, just done the road from you guys at the county fair grounds. There's going to be alot of pros there. Should be some good racing. - Dan

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe we should all take in some dirt tracking Friday night. It is only a few miles from the track to Plymouth. Is this an AHRMA dirt track vent?
We will have a practice day on Friday and races on Saturday and Sunday.

Ken

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
ken,

i'm out again......

gotta help my sister out for two weeks during that time.

sorry brother....another time!

texy

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
My tentative plan is to get there mid-afternoon on Friday and go to Plymouth Fri night. My buddy's brother-in-law has a place about ten miles from RA we're staying at. But I sold my house last week(wasn't listed, strange deal)and as of now I'm not sure where I'm moving. So my plans are very subject to change.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
my plans change by the minute....i might be back in...i'll check back in five minutes!

texy

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Texy,
Hope you make it. I think it is ging to be a fine thing. Will you bring the Mighty Casey? I am sure my wife will be attending.

Ken

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Texy,
I think I have a secret racebike for Road A. It will be cool if I can get it together in time. Considering I don't even have it yet that might be an issue. We'll see.

Ken

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
quote:Originally posted by meekador

Just to clear this up, the Plymouth Dirt track (Dairyland Classic) http://dairylandclassic.com/ is the weekend of the superbikes, not AHRMA weekend. - Dan
That's probably why my buddy kept telling me I had the dates screwed up. LOL So what's going on Friday night, anything? We may go to Plymouth Sat nite to watch us some late models. I see Russ Scheffler is leading the points there. He comes to Iowa once in awhile. I'd like to see him run at his home track. OR if anyone can point me in the direction of unattached females we'll go that way.

Meekador, I've lost track if you still have or still want to sell your 500s. If you still do I'd like to take a look at them perhaps late afternoon Friday if that's handy for you.

If anyone from here is gonna be short of help, I don't like being at any racetrack as just a spectator. So don't be shy about hitting me up if you need a hand.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
it all hinges on if my dad comes back from nigeria in time. there is a commitment i made to my sister that i cannot shirk onto anyone but my father.

craig, if i went...it would be for both as i have business out there i'd like to visit.

cheers,

texy

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
This is all becoming clear now. Mawby Shipping, father in Nigeria... You guys don't control the worldwide scammer cartel do you?

Kidding I hope you realize.

Craig

1 - 20 of 71 Posts