Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rookies! You hate 'em but you have to love 'em too. After all; everybody was a rookie once.

Order your T-shirt now in support of the two rookies making their debut THIS LABOR DAY at NHIS!

Dreamqueen
USCRA #305

Edited by - dreamqueen on Aug 28 2007 12:16:21 PM

Edited by - dreamqueen on Aug 28 2007 12:18:50 PM

·
Registered
569 Posts
that would be me...last time doesn't count...

1 ea, red, xlg

dch.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
That is awesome. So how many "official" / "unoffical" teams we have now?

- Team Dillweed
- Wanker Racing Group (most of us wankers who race FCBs aspire to be members of Team Dillweed. The other Wanker racers are just flippin' good at what they race and aspire to nobody.)
- Extreme Rookie Racing (nice t-shirt)

Yeller, proud member of the motorcycle division of that "infamous" group -

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

Edited by - Pete Casper on Aug 27 2007 11:18:20 AM

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
We love rookies. How many seasons does it take to shake one's rookie status? You can get away with more being a rookie, cause you supposively don't know any better.
Beth, who's FCB bike are you borrowing?
Buy some T- shirts. I need cash too for my cb200!

Teamless

Jeff

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:
We love rookies. How many seasons does it take to shake one's rookie status? You can get away with more being a rookie, cause you supposively don't know any better.
Beth, who's FCB bike are you borrowing?
Buy some T- shirts. I need cash too for my cb200!

Teamless

Jeff
Jeff; Don't worry about the cash for the CB200.
What is a rookie? I guess if you have a plausible personal definition or you still suck after many races then you qualify!

I'm borrowing Jack Cole's FCB. It now has the improvements he wanted and that are required. So; all you other FCB riders; STAND BACK and make plenty of room for an EXTREME rookie!

If anybody needs Chromium Yellow Duct Tape; Dale and I each have rolls.

Dreamqueen
USCRA #305

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Should be a fun grid of FCBs. I had a blast at VC with just one cylinder firing properly, I figure once I get the bike sorted out and both cylinders are firing, I will have twice as much fun. Now if that statement doesn't tag me with Rookie status, nothing will. A Wanker Rookie and proud of it. See you all there!

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Beth,
No worries about the dough for the bike. I was just kidding.

Yeah , bring out the numbers for the FCB grid!

Jeff

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
anyone who laps soto isnt a rookie anymore. or if you end up in the infield bathroom at 4 a.m. with jeremy. pink sucks. but its kicks ass you have a yetman cb77.

jc

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Go Beth Go!!!! Zoom Dale Zoom!

Wish I could be there, but as I have mentioned before, my work is very seasonal and an injury now could easily move me into precarious finacial status. Better someone uses the bike than have it sit in my living room. I hope the gearshift linkage does not fall off going into turn 3 on Beth like it did for me......Oh, that's what safty wire is for!!!

Next spring I will be the ultimate rookie!!!!!! Save some of that yellow tape!

Beth, can you bring me a shirt to the Giro? XL, maybe red so I can be just like Dale.

Dale, anyone doing TEAM 160 shirts?

Edited by - Jackc on Aug 27 2007 6:38:25 PM

·
Registered
569 Posts
quote:Thats precious Jack!!
hey Champ, don't mess with the rookies......

Jack, I tried to score some 'mighty 160' t-shirts from the f160 guys, but they're out of print, one person did email me with an offer of 3 older 160 shirts, but they never materialized.....so no team160 shirts as of now..

d.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:

Next spring I will be the ultimate rookie!!!!!! Save some of that yellow tape!

Beth, can you bring me a shirt to the Giro? XL, maybe red so I can be just like Dale.

Dale, anyone doing TEAM 160 shirts?
Red "EXTREME" t-shirts can't be had by this weekend but they can by the Giro date as long as I know by Sept. 7 at the latest (to allow for shipping) I am doing up a few "demo" shirts for this weekend in white with iron-on transfers.

John S; you get one whether you want it or not, since you were the one who came up with the saying!

Dreamqueen
USCRA #305

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:
pink sucks. but its kicks ass you have a yetman cb77.

jc
WHO WROTE THAT? just for that; I might just do the deed and paint the Yetman frame PINK with sparkle naugahyde seat apholstery and silver streamers at the bar ends. That way; I could win as all the other riders would lose it from laughing. When you're a rookie; you need EVERY ADVANTAGE!

Dreamqueen
USCRA #305

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I think we should set up an area for official/unofficial team links and if people don't have web space, I (or Jeremy) will put together a seperate page for each team. If anyone is interested start sending my emails and I will put it together after this weekends race event.

Cheres, Aaron

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:
I think we should set up an area for official/unofficial team links and if people don't have web space, I (or Jeremy) will put together a seperate page for each team. If anyone is interested start sending my emails and I will put it together after this weekends race event.

Cheres, Aaron
Good idea. I have a site and can provide space for Extreme Rookies to link to.

Dreamqueen
USCRA #305

1 - 19 of 19 Posts