Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Seems like a pretty good price. I just checked the WERA 2 stroke forum and 90s 125s seem to be going for 4500 to 5500, but they were a few years newer.
What would you do with it?

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a group that runs trackdays/races at a kart track 45 minutes from my house. That's what this bike has been doing. I'd like to get a bike I could run over there and yet be able to take it to a big track. A 125 wouldn't be my first choice, but it's close and race ready.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I believe in 1995 there was a big change in the RS125, and parts for the pre-95 bikes are harder to come by. Get a post 95 if you're really looking for a 125 GP bike.

But you'd be better off asking on the WERA site.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thats a nice bike, same year as mine. The 94 is the newest of the old design. $3500 is a bit steep. For another $1000 go for a '95.. That said, I love mine, it's a great bike to race!! Talk 'em down, get it, race it, crash it, sell me the parts!!

Cheers,
A.D.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
depends on the spares.....

pistons (can't get them anymore, but someone found out that some quad piston works) www.fatbaq.com or www.usgpru.net (use the search).

crank, how many miles on it....good to 1500 miles.

sprockets, wheels, reeds, etc...... what kind of spares, cause $3500.00 is high, unless homeboy gots stuff. 3 sets of bodywork sounds like he/she might got stuff.

i sold my 1989 for $1500.00 with a NOS crank, some pistons, gearing, and a bunch of seals, bearings, and gaskets 2 years ago.

great little bikes. i'll own another, some day.

texy

p.s.- definitely try to get him at 3k or below.

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts