Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.....I'm the original owner of an '06 S40, with 26K on the clock. It's being torn down for a motor rebuild by me, and will be rebuilt with a clean slate into a cafe racer. Yeah, yeah, I know about the RYCA, but I wanna go in my own direction. Anyone, send me in the right direction for parts, ideas, etc. Who knows? it might be seen in pics here one day

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Hey guys.....I'm the original owner of an '06 S40, with 26K on the clock. It's being torn down for a motor rebuild by me, and will be rebuilt with a clean slate into a cafe racer. Yeah, yeah, I know about the RYCA, but I wanna go in my own direction. Anyone, send me in the right direction for parts, ideas, etc. Who knows? it might be seen in pics here one day
Welcome, and face the facts.

Get it running, and sell it. They are great little single choppers and fast enough on the highway.

I think the RYCA "Savage café racers" are pretty much dysfuctional junk. They are not a real café bike by any stretch of the wallet or imagination. Most of the effort in modifying a Savage is De-Customing it, and two-thirds of your effort and cash will go to doing that, and not really improving the bike in the process.

Go find an old SR500E and start again. A running SR500 rattle-canned black is a better café racer than any Savage will ever be.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome, and face the facts.

Get it running, and sell it. They are great little single choppers and fast enough on the highway.

I think the RYCA "Savage café racers" are pretty much dysfuctional junk. They are not a real café bike by any stretch of the wallet or imagination. Most of the effort in modifying a Savage is De-Customing it, and two-thirds of your effort and cash will go to doing that, and not really improving the bike in the process.

Go find an old SR500E and start again. A running SR500 rattle-canned black is a better café racer than any Savage will ever be.

Danger, is my business.

This is the best Savage I've ever seen:

2010 Winter Buildoff Winner ? TruckinDuc?s LS650 | Custom Fighters

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Hey guys..... Yeah, yeah, I know about the RYCA, but I wanna go in my own direction….
:I think you're going to need to give an example of something other then the RYCA so we can understand what direction it would be, which would require something different then RYCA parts to make it go.
… like, you could put a full fairing on it, that would be different, then you would need a fairing and a bunch of RYCA like parts.

Need more data.

… the gif is perfect.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
<- complete with mandatory wood block under stand
That's the only RYCA kit I would buy..........the scrambler.

My 93 DR650 has 117,000 miles on it and I love the big single however..........the savages true beauty would be in torque only. Tuned correctly it would be an awsome around town machine but for high speed twisty stuff......not that ideal.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Screenshot_2015-03-07-19-13-21.png

It might look nice but that is so unsafe. I mean.........it dosent even look like it lends itself to high speed riding.

I swear......give me full MX nobbies on my DR and I will beat that bike on any tight twisty mountian road......and be a lot safer doing it.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
That bikes riding position is dumbo max. The bars are too low, and pegs are too far forward, so you can't brace yourself much if you hit a big dipper. The fenderless and high tailpipe rear end is great if you want to become a eunuch ( not that there is anything wrong with that! ) , or prime roasted porky leg. You may even suffer from pipeburn: oh, the horror, the horror.

The ridering position looks like the position you assume to get punked in juvie.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
View attachment 12958

It might look nice but that is so unsafe. I mean.........it dosent even look like it lends itself to high speed riding.

I swear......give me full MX nobbies on my DR and I will beat that bike on any tight twisty mountian road......and be a lot safer doing it.

He should name it the Nut Grinder.

… and I agree, that is fast passing material right there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts