Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. All this little bike talk has me thinking about my S90.

I never really figured out what forks i want to run. So I am kind of thinking of a drum brake CB175 set with the 18" rim. Stock tire on the cb175 is a 2.75-18. Stock tire on the S90 is a 2.50-18. So I should be good to mount the S90 size tire on the front. Forks might be a little tall though. Brake should be ample for the lighter and slower S90. Headlight bits should work out fine and not look out of place.

There was this thread:

http://www.caferacer.net/forum/technical/10861-s90-sporty-front-end-dirt-parts.html

There is also a super neat little bike built from pitbike parts in that thread.

And I am sure i have posted a couple as well as i keep swinging back around to it. I still have an ATC90 with a rebuilt engine and cdi hanging out in my junk-pile.

The whole big problem is good cb175 forks seem to be pretty rare. Thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
So. All this little bike talk has me thinking about my S90.

I never really figured out what forks i want to run. So I am kind of thinking of a drum brake CB175 set with the 18" rim. Stock tire on the cb175 is a 2.75-18. Stock tire on the S90 is a 2.50-18. So I should be good to mount the S90 size tire on the front. Forks might be a little tall though. Brake should be ample for the lighter and slower S90. Headlight bits should work out fine and not look out of place.

There was this thread:

http://www.caferacer.net/forum/technical/10861-s90-sporty-front-end-dirt-parts.html

There is also a super neat little bike built from pitbike parts in that thread.

And I am sure i have posted a couple as well as i keep swinging back around to it. I still have an ATC90 with a rebuilt engine and cdi hanging out in my junk-pile.

The whole big problem is good cb175 forks seem to be pretty rare. Thoughts?
I don't know whats your goal or looks towards the bike.
I'm assuming we don't have the same taste but if I were you, I would just get a set of forks that comes with the Honda Grom.
I like the look of a modern cafe racer with all the new toys and whistle.
New parts are easy to get but I don't know how easy it would be to buy one in U.S ... it would save you a lot of time imo.
If you do go with that route, here's a little sneak peak on how the bike may look.
6honda67dophongcachcaferace-1365127666_500x0.jpg
Hope that helps you a bit :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grom forks are almost unobtainium for a reasonable price. There is one set on ebay for over $300 with no triples, or axle, or anything else. I do agree they would be the cat's meow!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Grom forks are almost unobtainium for a reasonable price. There is one set on ebay for over $300 with no triples, or axle, or anything else. I do agree they would be the cat's meow!
Wow, thats expensive.
In VN they're about 150-200 used.
Chinese aftermarket forks are a 100.
Man that sucks, well I don't know what else to say but if you like them a lot just yolo it and get them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts