Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center>
</center>
Half Fast Chicago is hosting a meetup/ride to Rockerbox 2009 if anyone wants to cruise with us.Rockerbox 2009 is Saturday, August 8th in Milwaukee's Riverwest neighborhood on Center Street between Humboldt and Pierce.Rockerbox is a bike show featuring a mix of Euro, Japanese and American café racers, sport bikes, street fighters, choppers, supermotos, scooters, sidecars and cruisers. Ride in moto-only parking, motorcycle vendors, food stands, beer tent and most importantly...FREE admission. Show entry begins at 11:00 am and ends around 2:00 pm.

We are meeting up @ Joes Barber Shop located @ 2641 W. Fullerton Ave in Chicago (across the street from the Fireside Bowling Alley) the morning of the show. The show starts @ 11am so the plan is to meetup @ 8am and ditch the city @ 8:45 SHARP ! As usual ALL makes/models/ & riders are welcome to cruise with us. It is a ride (not a race) so if you wanna cruise 100mph the whole way to the show have at it (alone)..

The best place for updated info on this (any any ouf our events) is @ The Half Fast Forum --->
HTTP://WWW.HALFFASTCHICAGO.COM/forum

Hope to see a bunch of people ready to ride the morning of the 8th !

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Rockerbox people always pump out simple/clean flyers for their events. Been the past two years and always a good time. If anyone is in the Chicago(land) area and wants to ride to the show in a group u are invited..

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
On a side note. For whoever gets Caferacer magazine. I'm in the Rockerbox picture from last year! Yay! lol.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My wife won a Fulmer V2 helmet. I was hoping to get a call today telling me to come pick up the Tomos moped. After that last rain fall it got boiling hot so I bailed out and went to the Harley museum. Pricey(16.00 per person) but cool in my book. Thank god I wasn't hungry cause just a burger was 8 bucks and the Aermacchi shirt I wanted was 35 bucks. 35 bucks for a flipping shirt!!! A t shirt for christ sakes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rockerbox is a pretty good time, there were some awesome bikes there this year. TC's Hogslayer was gorgeous. I met him last year, but he didn't have the machine there. The '22 Sunbeam blew me away, and the '57 Triumph Cub was awesome. My favorite bike of the day was the '67 Bonnie chopper, but that's because it's mine. The '08 gallery at Half Fast has a bitchin' pic of my chop next to my buddy's shovel head (bottom of the first page, with the red helmet). That is one cool shot. i wish i would have had my camera out when i saw the cafe scooter, it was ruling.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rockerbox is always a good time. 'Cept this year my bikle broke down halfway there (I live about 75 miles from Mil in Madison). That sucked balls. Fortunate for me, my buddies RD decided it only waned to run on one cylinder right before we left so he was driving a *gasp* car. He saved me and we drove the rest of the way in air conditioned comfort. Aaaannnndddd because I was no longer the pilot of my bike, I got to drinks lots of beers :)....

Was my 6th rbox. The early rain kept away alot of the douchebags of the past two or three years. It was quickly starting to get outta hand.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
We checked out local bike shops till the rain stopped, got there about 2:00. Seemed like a good idea until I see from the pics we missed some cool bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts