·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

And this made me immediately think of the current state of cafe builds:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Years ago my wife wanted to learn to ride a bike. She bought a Vespa scooter. Little 90cc three speed. She never got on with it so I used it for commuting to work. 10 miles each way. It used a hair over a gallon a week. Handy for zipping through traffic.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i just don't feel safe with those little wheels. then again, i had to ride a nuovo falcone once and didn't feel very safe then either.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I used to have a buddy who did track days with me, on an Aprilia 125cc 2 stroke scooter.
He could hang right with me on my ninja 250, as in I couldn't get away from his goofy ass on that thing.
He dragged the Aprilia stickers right off the sides of it, then rode it to work the rest of the week.
He might like wind on his pussy, but I can't say I wasn't impressed haha.
For the record, his scooter had the same size wheels as the 250.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
meh...scooter bashing is just knuckle dragging macho bullshit. Anybody who has owned an old vespa can vouch for what a blast it is to ride and what a complete chick magnet they are.

·
Registered
405 Posts
you see a'lot here in Florida, going down the road fire-walled, buzzing for all their worth, yet have never see one blown apart that was maintained..
Had an old Yellow RIVA for a bit , just didn't like the seating arrangement..

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I'm macho bullshit just not knuckle dragging. Had an old Vento 50 scooter that would do 50 mph with my 260 lb weight. That was fun as can be. Had some strange looks from the super cool HD boozfighter wannabes but them posers can barely balance their 883s so they're irrelevant.

One day I'll own a Lambretta.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have had big bikes and small bikes. Currently I have a nitrous bike. Is am building a turbo bike and I have stock bikes. Guess what I rode most of the time? It a 50cc Apilia Scarabeo scooter. 80 mpg it's had a dead battery for three years( kick start) and I can carry a case of beer and four bags of groceries. Plus no tags or insurance.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
The little Vespa I had did all it was asked. Didn't do it very fast though. Even took it on a junket through France without problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts