Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this build a few years ago where I fitted some high compression security pistons and this was the result (not my shin thank technique)...........

anti theft.jpg

"If you can start it it's yours!"

It also has the inbuilt siren of the poor b4stard who tried to steal it howling in the street

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
should've posted this in the how to be a café racer thread but a tramp pissed in my lid and it distracted me.......

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
lol Motocross BB34 was the only bike that ever sent me over the handlebars before I even got the SOB started. Didn't need a key, most people didn't know how to start it and the rest were afraid of it.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in fact........ them's the ones who diddit

large protrusions.jpg

let's just say that starting her was an act of horrific violence based on understanding of the beast and the ability to ensure that it didn't bite you back............ I've been drunking........ putting myself in timeout.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol Motocross BB34 was the only bike that ever sent me over the handlebars before I even got the SOB started. Didn't need a key, most people didn't know how to start it and the rest were afraid of it.
If the technique and boots are good then you just pick yourself out of the neighbours garden and try again...... If not have emergency services and your mum on speed dail....... It could get messy!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Kick starting is a funny thing.
I originally thought it would be really hard to start a multi cylinder bike, but my kz1000 started first kick every time.
Trick is that with 4 cylinders, somebody is ALWAYS on compression stroke...
The yamaha triple, however, I was never able to kick start the entire time I owned it.
2 strokes seem to always be easier if they're in good tune.

Those high-domed pistons in that twin look like they'd break your leg. You won't see some lumberjack starting that one in a pair of Chuck Taylors....

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Kick starting is a funny thing.
I originally thought it would be really hard to start a multi cylinder bike, but my kz1000 started first kick every time.
Trick is that with 4 cylinders, somebody is ALWAYS on compression stroke...
The yamaha triple, however, I was never able to kick start the entire time I owned it.
2 strokes seem to always be easier if they're in good tune.

Those high-domed pistons in that twin look like they'd break your leg. You won't see some lumberjack starting that one in a pair of Chuck Taylors....
Stock compression on that motor is only 8.5:1cr. Those might be 9:1/10:1 Not that hard to kick over. Once you learn the technique it's not that hard.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They were somewhere between 10 and 11 to 1 but no-one dared go near them with a burette, let alone a pair of converse high tops and no regard for the four stroke cycle. most of my two poppers were buggers to start because of not wanting to go slow....... some of them could even run backwards..... just not slow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My last race bike was a Rotax 500 with a high comp piston, lumpy cam and no decompressor, and a left hand kick start.

I had it in a Jawa frame to run it in on the road, even then it was easier to bump it than kick. In the Camier race frame it had no kicker but bumping it was simples.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Just reading that made me shrink back in fear..... Lovely pic though :).

Ducati twins were particularly bitey if you got the wrong cylinder up on compression.
That combo finally beat my bad and getting worse knees. But that combo produced 129.917 mph from a 500 pushrod single on gas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts