Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a copy of the service manual for the '82 honda CB650SC? i have the front end of one of these on my triumph and need to rebuild it. would it be possible to get a scan of those pages? thanks

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
check out the forums at SOHC4.net, they have a bunch of manuals online but you may have to search a little for them

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i'll check that out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good grief, charlie brown! all i've found is that they tell you to use ATF to service the forks, but not how much (everything i've found says "use required amount" duh!). hmmm...all the new seals and shit are on the way, i'll see if the service guy at the local dealer might be able to shed some insight on this.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Mark,
For front forks I would use a good 15w fork oil and fill it to about7" from the top with the forks compressed and the springs out. Measure it after you have added some oil and pumped the forks a couple of times to get the air out. I usually fill the forks up too far and then use a large syringe with a 7" hose on it to suck it down to the right level. 7" is just a number that works ok. You can adjust up or down from there if needed.

Ken

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it figured out...170cc's per side. got help from a local shop. thanks for the suggestions guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts