Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Remember....a few races back (Assen I think) Rossi said Sete would not win another race this year.

I think Edwards is the king of "Never hear of him but does well in points" type guy. He's 4th in the championship and you rarely ever see him on camera. I think he won a WSBK championship and never won a race.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
I felt bad when he ran out of fuel but that was great watching rossi take almost the whole race to close in on him.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
jb, i dont know which year you watched, but the last sbk championship he won, he won almost every single race if not all of them in the second half of the season. the year he won it back from troy bayliss. it went to a spread of 1 point going into the final 2 races at imola and we know how that finished out. one of the greatest motorcycle races i have ever seen and we still watch it on tape on occasion. (unfotunately, it lacks the excitement if youre not totally reved up from watching him come from behind the entire season.) the prior year i cant remember for sure, but im 99% sure he won a few races. id have to look at the book to see for sure.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Joe,
I think it was his first year on the RC in WSBK...meaning his first championship.

Who was the recent AMA SB racer who won without winning a race...Ben Bostrom maybe?

Ehhh...just checked...it wasn't Edwards he won quite a few the first year too.
JohnnyB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts