Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$3,600.. Portland Maine. Contact [email protected]

This is no sissy bike.

And this is where I have to tell you all that I am a sissy. This is a gorgeous '81 Guzzi CX100. I absolutely love it, but it's simply too much bike for me. It needs to go to someone who can and will really ride the be-jeezus out of it.

It was half way to being cafe-d when I bought it 2 years ago, and I've finished some of the little cosmetic stuff; custom side covers, Tomasselli adjustable clip-ons, cute little baby turn signals, a smaller instrument cluster from an older Guzzi 850 along with a Guzzi headlight. Cafe seat, Swanky retro head guards. The paint is not original, but closely matches the stock colors.

The engine is mostly stock. The heads were professionally reconditioned and re-lined by the previous owner (a VERY wonderful racer and regular here at y'alls forum. He knows his stuff, and his Guzzi's) He also added a Dyna electronic ignition system. It was profesionally tuned up and cleaned out last summer, though the carbs could use a little more tweaking (the idle is a bit off) Other than that, this bike runs like a top. Starts right up, no fuss no muss. Goes like stink.

I'll be at the vintage races at NHIS June 15th and 16th. If anyone is seriously interested, I can bring it there. I also have a lot of the original parts; some are more worthy than others.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it belonged to Larry Hayden, here in Portland for many years. It's been well loved and well treated. I'm hoping to pass it along to someone who can continue that tradition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts