Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Suzuki 1100 if katana I would like to put a 1993 GS 1100 G engine in it that a shaft drive can I change the shaft drive engine to chain drive

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
To be honest, this is a question that if you have to ask about it, it's probably above your skill level to achieve.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Youi need a complete swing arm and rear wheel assemble for a GSX100, probably GSX1100F and not GSX1100R.
I can check width of GSX1100F swing arm pivot as I have one here.
Probably have to make some sort of plug for frame to close up the taper bearing area
The SACS motors are pretty much all the same dimensions (11/1200 are a little bit taller and have one extra fin on cylinder))
It's a very long time since I worked on the 1100G and even then nothing to do with swing arm but seem to remember the output was basically and extended gearbox shaft and bolt on case (although I may be confusing it with a Yamaha?)
I did a crazy amount of bikes in 80's in Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki dealers. (and still hate Honda VF series)
I'll take a look later and see if I have any supplements for the 1100G, I know I have information on the GSX1100 chain drive models up to 'M' (the SACS motors)
Is your engine broken or do you just want a chain drive bike?

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I have a 1993 Suzuki 1100 if katana I would like to put a 1993 GS 1100 G engine in it that a shaft drive can I change the shaft drive engine to chain drive
If I'm reading this right you have an 1100F chassis? Don't bother with a G engine - way too much drama.

The 1100F uses the same engine as the GSXR oil cooled series (slight differences with cams, etc). Also the 1200 Bandit has pretty much the same engine.

Get a Bandit motor and forget trying to turn a shaft drive motor to chain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts