Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I live in Boise Idaho and I am thinking about buying a bike that is hard to find around these parts. I am considering two examples - one is is Dallas Texas and the other in Phoenix Arizona.

Anyone have any tips on the cheapest way to get one of these bikes on my driveway?

Anyone have a company they would recommend?

Any help is much appreciated!
Michael M.

PS: I know someone is thinking - fly down there and have fun ridding the bike back up to Idaho. That won't work for me as: 1) One of the bikes is a project; 2) The other bike isn't a project but I still am as a rider. :) I am experienced riding around a very small town (usually limited to 45mph) and on dirt trails but I am in no way ready to hit the freeway with giant trucks to blow me off the road.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you're an AMA member, you get a discount from both Federal and Motorcycle Express. I haven't used uShip and the prices seem great however, they insure by the pound. What that means is if your bike gets lost, stolen, or damaged, you're generally insured for a couple hundred bucks. I looked into using them when I bought my FZ1 a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if that has changed or there are other insurance options but you may want to look into that before using uShip. Good luck with the hunt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts