Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and searched here hoping to find a thread on relocating the battery for a CB360 cafe project. No luck or they are buried somewhere in posts. I am assuming that under the seat hump is where most end up, but I would love to see pictures of the installation and any tips.....TIA

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
whats wrong w/ the stock pos? so your going to remove everything between the side panels ?your using a wet or dry cell? post a pic of your project. keep that fender/ a fender.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Didn't ask the usual question but
Baaaa Baaaaa. Baaaaaaaaa

There are not that many modified CB360's in here and under the seat hump isn't the 'usual position' unless you care nothing for function?
There are only 19 posts for CB360 projects (I just checked)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
ha ha ha, you got me/us. just looked at your blog alittle. the article on the konig is good.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
You know what you don't see ever? Bikes that come from the factory with the battery mounted in the tail section. You don't see it on race bikes either (the ones that require batteries)

why? Must be a reason.

here are the considerations you should be noodling:

- will it be easy to access and service?

- will its placement affect the handling?

- will I have to run so much cable I have introduced too much resistance into the system and decreased its effectiveness?

- will I mount it somewhere where it will get damaged easily?

- is it mounted somewhere where it could injure me?

- does it need ventilation? Will it have it if it does without damaging other things?

i have seen a lot of customs lately that fail these considerations on a lot of points.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
There is no real reason why a battery cannot be mounted some place else. I remember a time when the gas tank was mounted in one place until someone got the idea to mount a tank under the seat and make the traditional location for the gas tank nothing more than a motorcycle trunk. Personally I'd discourage someone from mounting a normal size battery on the back of the bike. However; one of the newer style lighter weight batteries just might do the trick and are so small it could be mounted just about anywhere from the head light area, under the engine to the back compartment of a seat.

As far as where you should mount your battery - that's where some web searches may come in handy and your own configuration needs.

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
I am new to the forum and searched here hoping to find a thread on relocating the battery for a CB360 cafe project. No luck or they are buried somewhere in posts. I am assuming that under the seat hump is where most end up, but I would love to see pictures of the installation and any tips.....TIA
Get off the Internet and figure something out. This shouldn't be all that hard. Really that afraid of failure that you need to know some other sheep before you did it the same way?
also use your head and understand how stupid under the seat is.
if all the goal is to be some cliche hipster dick rider with and "open triangle" for that minimalistic look the this ain't the place for you.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
CV, I enjoyed reading the first page of your blog. Infomative and well written. Will look at other pages another time.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Yea man, great blog. Digging the stuff on the karmann Ghia. One of my faves.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yep, that is the thinking....dry cell or a small light Shorai .
I will document what I do, but I just figured this was a well-trodden path....
If you do that, please make sure you update/upgrade your electrical system to be within the tight charging constraints of those batts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Get off the Internet and figure something out. This shouldn't be all that hard. Really that afraid of failure that you need to know some other sheep before you did it the same way?
also use your head and understand how stupid under the seat is.
if all the goal is to be some cliche hipster dick rider with and "open triangle" for that minimalistic look the this ain't the place for you.
Is this post really warranted? I don't understand this mentality....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Is this post really warranted? I don't understand this mentality....

thought you scoped this place out beforehand? just roll with...dudes are smart and will show you respect if you show some semblance of intelligence. been like this way before i showed up and pretty sure it won't be changing soon. besides, it can be really entertaining.

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
This is still my new leaf.

Down to post a "pre leaf" comment if you really want

1 - 20 of 27 Posts