Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks all, and thanks to those who checked out the blog and enjoyed. I hope you subscribed. Meanwhile, I am busy compiling parts and going through the bike. I love these simple light machines and expect to have some fun with this. I'm on the trail of a battery solution so stay tuned...

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Here's pic of rectifier/regulator, the crodd bar is rear engine mount

From the top

Side on of bike

I built this one pretty quick to test out a few things, the home made exhaust system, carb mods and 378cc conversion
I'm still working on another 'pretty' one

·
Registered
454 Posts
Unless you intend to keep the electric starter, why use a battery at all? Mine runs fine without it but the headlight and taillight flicker. I have a "battery eliminator" that is really just a large capacitor with a (relatively) slow discharge rate but it doesn't solve the flicker issue. Everything electrical is under the seat. Here's what it looks like: battery.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get off the Internet and figure something out. This shouldn't be all that hard. Really that afraid of failure that you need to know some other sheep before you did it the same way?
also use your head and understand how stupid under the seat is.
if all the goal is to be some cliche hipster dick rider with and "open triangle" for that minimalistic look the this ain't the place for you.
dont listen to this asshole. There is nothing wrong with a noob looking for some insight on where to start and take it from there. All that matters is that they are getting into it. If you're gonna make people feel stupid for asking for some pointers this is definitely not the place for YOU.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
dont listen to this asshole. There is nothing wrong with a noob looking for some insight on where to start and take it from there. All that matters is that they are getting into it. If you're gonna make people feel stupid for asking for some pointers this is definitely not the place for YOU.
Way to get in there and stand up for the little guy.

Probably would have made a lot more impact seven years ago when the thread was current, but hey, timing isn't everything.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts