Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rock and Ride - Winter Bike Show (Facebook)
Our last Facebook Bike Show/Contest was a big success... So we are going to do it again.

Get in and win;
Post your bike one our FB page ( http://www.facebook.com/Rock.and.Ride.Authentic.Lifestyle )
The bike with the most votes/likes in the end wins, takes the prize.
The Prize this time is a $30.00 Gift card to www.RockandRide.com *
Bike show Ends at 11:59pm (est) Sunday 1/16/12.

* gift card can be used on anything on the web site other than gloves or biltwell products.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
What's an authentic lifestyle?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Authentic lifestyle is about being yourself and not bowing to corporate marketing machines or fake attitude doushbaggery. It's about keeping it about the ride, and not what you ride or what you wear. To me it's about doing what I want to do and not caring what others think and not being an arrogant jerk about it. It's about putting miles on the bike.

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RRAL

Authentic lifestyle is about being yourself and not bowing to corporate marketing machines or fake attitude doushbaggery. It's about keeping it about the ride, and not what you ride or what you wear. To me it's about doing what I want to do and not caring what others think and not being an arrogant jerk about it. It's about putting miles on the bike.
So. Fucking. Gay.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
What hippster bull shit
Though we used to have someone that cleaned up this crap and sometimes even had some fun with it....

Ghey lifestyle talk and links to FB....get the fuck out

·
Registered
838 Posts

But your post IS a marketing machine designed to drive traffic to your APPAREL website. Your whole store IS about what you wear.
There is no Caferacer content, info, or other references to Caferacers anywhere on your site. So why post it here?

As Geeto might say, you've just dropped a turd in the living room where you were a guest.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
You know who truly doesn't give a fuck?
People that done have to tell everyone they don't give a fuck....

You started a store? Your into bikes?
Cool story...you should tell it at parties...

You offer nothing helpful or worth while.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts

What are you offering?
Just my good looks and whit
But then again I'm not filling the board with BS spam

·
Registered
2,952 Posts

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jaguar

What are you offering?
Just my good looks and whit
But then again I'm not filling the board with BS spam
Let me tell you what jag has "offered" the community:

- last Saturday he helped me get my mothballed chopper running. He rebuilt the carbs for me while I was tied up with the birth of my daughter.

- last summer he helped a newbie buy his first bike. And when the newbie ran it out of oil and seized it he made that guy a square deal on a bike he already owned himself.

- our last show he volunteered to help out for a couple of hours. He has volunteered to work our jan show booth at the IMS as well.

None of these things involved the Internet. He didn't make any money off the deal. He genuinely participated in a real life community, like a lot of the others on this board do.

What do I offer? I, along with many local others, produce a motorcycle show and a booth at the IMS. I answer about 20 emails a week from local guys in my neck of the woods who need help. I represent the VJMC in NY. I don't have a clothing line, I don't sell parts for a living, I rarely build bikes anymore, and I am lucky if I break even on the stuff I do sell. I foster a real community.

As near as I can tell you run a glorified photobucket account on Facebook to give your clothing line some credibility. If you do something for your local community IRL I would love to hear about it. Cuz all I am hearing now is jingoistic sales slogans and spam.

·
Registered
23,296 Posts

Telling me you organize a weekly ride, or garage session is way more interesting than this. The real irony is that this above paragraph is a unique and distilled form of its own douchebaggery, defining douchebaggery in others.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts