Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RRAL
geeto, I actually started the Pittsburgh Riders (www.PittsburghRiders.com) to bring anyone into bikes together for rides and to help each other out, to encourange those that are just getting into it or don't get out much to ride and rack up the miles. I organize rides frequently and plan events always geared towards bringing riders together and getting people past lame stereotypes. I started Rock and Ride because I got sick of guys feeling like they didn't fit in because they were not riding a harley or others feeling like they had to wear stuff that said HD. To me it doesn't matter what you ride but that you ride, the only think that bothers me is people that buy a bike then put about 100 miles a year going to bike night. Instead of bitching about how stupid it is I choose to invest my life savings into doing something to change the problem I saw... and I am far from breaking even. Months ago I offered to financally support and advertise on this site but no one ever responded. I support a lot of the small local events such as Pinned Ohio and Mods Vs Rockers Pittsburgh, I try to help everyone else with their motorcycle related businesses such as Bridge City Chop Shop, Filthmachine Magizine, tibemoto.com, old school helmets, etc... because at the heart of what I am doing is not about making money but making a difference. I would like to make a profit and be able to support my family through Rock and Ride, who wouldn't like to make a living doing something they actually are passion about. If thats something this community can't get behind, thats ok. I help 2 or 3 people every spring get their first bike and help them understand the bike, how to take care of it. I help about a dozen guys around pittsburgh with storage every year because they don't have a garage or shed to keep their bikes in. But then I guess it would be easier to do nothing and base the people that do... But that is what hipsters do...
I think you need to rethink your marketing then. Because you come across as a guy promoting a brand "rock and ride" not a "community" that happens to have t-shirts. the only time we hear from you is about facebook contests promoting something that exists on t-shirts. you know what gets the point across better? posting pics of rides from people you actually know and ride with, garage pics of you and your community actually doing stuff. Just collecting pics off the internet from all over the world and offering them swag isn't going to do anything but sell your t-shirts, and frankly since you don't really actively participate here isn't always welcome.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
And suddenly; he felt a cool breeze up his ass-less chaps...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
And suddenly; he felt a cool breeze up his ass-less chaps...

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
basically what a lot are saying to you tom is contribute to cr.net without strings attached. if you do it enough i might let you eventually post up in the member products section. i haven't nuked this thread because.....well it walks a thin line, but isn't too objectionable. just try not to use bandwidth that you don't pay for to promote your site or your business. clear?

-mgmt

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
basically what a lot are saying to you tom is contribute to cr.net without strings attached. if you do it enough i might let you eventually post up in the member products section. i haven't nuked this thread because.....well it walks a thin line, but isn't too objectionable. just try not to use bandwidth that you don't pay for to promote your site or your business. clear?

-mgmt

·
Registered
199 Posts

Authentic lifestyle is about being yourself and not bowing to corporate marketing machines or fake attitude doushbaggery. It's about keeping it about the ride, and not what you ride or what you wear. To me it's about doing what I want to do and not caring what others think and not being an arrogant jerk about it. It's about putting miles on the bike.
Perhaps because English is my second language, I am having hard time understanding what any of this actually means. I have read it 10 times or so, and while I understand the individual words, the whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me. Could anyone please elaborate and explain what it all means?

·
Registered
199 Posts

Authentic lifestyle is about being yourself and not bowing to corporate marketing machines or fake attitude doushbaggery. It's about keeping it about the ride, and not what you ride or what you wear. To me it's about doing what I want to do and not caring what others think and not being an arrogant jerk about it. It's about putting miles on the bike.
Perhaps because English is my second language, I am having hard time understanding what any of this actually means. I have read it 10 times or so, and while I understand the individual words, the whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me. Could anyone please elaborate and explain what it all means?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts

"Authentic lifestyle is about being yourself and not bowing to corporate marketing machines or fake attitude doushbaggery. It's about keeping it about the ride, and not what you ride or what you wear. To me it's about doing what I want to do and not caring what others think and not being an arrogant jerk about it. It's about putting miles on the bike."

"Perhaps because English is my second language, I am having hard time understanding what any of this actually means. I have read it 10 times or so, and while I understand the individual words, the whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me. Could anyone please elaborate and explain what it all means? "

He thinks Peter Pan is real.
ed

·
Registered
1,975 Posts

"Authentic lifestyle is about being yourself and not bowing to corporate marketing machines or fake attitude doushbaggery. It's about keeping it about the ride, and not what you ride or what you wear. To me it's about doing what I want to do and not caring what others think and not being an arrogant jerk about it. It's about putting miles on the bike."

"Perhaps because English is my second language, I am having hard time understanding what any of this actually means. I have read it 10 times or so, and while I understand the individual words, the whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me. Could anyone please elaborate and explain what it all means? "

He thinks Peter Pan is real.
ed

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cb650pk

English is my first language and that doesn't make any sense. It does not follow the rules of logical arguments.

Ken

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cb650pk

English is my first language and that doesn't make any sense. It does not follow the rules of logical arguments.

Ken

41 - 57 of 57 Posts