Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your monkey have to be a qualified racer? Or can your girlfriend, wife, best friend fill in? Stupid question, I know.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Proof of what kind of insurance? Life insurance? Collision insurance?

Thanks for the replies, by the way.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Health insurance, or whatever requirement your race club asks for for the driver. Usually an AMA card too.
What club?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No club, yet. It's a hypothetical question. Been daydreaming at work.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote: do it!!!!
I'm workin' on it... but I have recently returned to school, as well, which has made a tight budget even tighter. I have a bike for that project, which is a start, no? I just haven't started doing anything with it. Anyway, sidecar will come much much later. Really, I'm only trying to settle an argument, of sorts.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
best way to sail around the track.... that is if you enjoy ripping through turns with your arse and shoulder skipping across the asphalt or hanging over the rear tire while the rig is sliding through the turns spinning the rear wheel...

very very fun... also very exhausting

party

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If you really have to find answers, the next time you're at a race meeting just scan the pits for guys that are flat on one side. They'll have all the answers.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
It's also the only race on the schedule where you get hugs and handshakes before going out for the sighting lap.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I don't know about it being the best way to ride around a track. I think it was Geeto or someone else at fourth of july weekend (NHMS) said something like, "being a monkey on a sidecar is like falling off your bike for the entire race."....then whoever it was showed off all the bruises... You gotta be nuts.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bfd

It's also the only race on the schedule where you get hugs and handshakes before going out for the sighting lap.
...and the hugs aren't just coming from dudes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts