Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chris m and i went over to the fairgrounds to watch the locals run some indoor races tonight. now let me just 'splain to you how this all works. in the cow palace they have this area thats got this polished concrete floor. they run flat track tires, with pieces of carpeting cut out and wrapped around thier boots. pretty much anything goes. they have classes for just about everything you dare to ride. from 50cc up to 500's from 4years old and up. there was a girl wo ran about 5 classes who beat up on everyone. she was flying. chris carr was there selling t-shirts, which was weird, because i didnt see a single person say hi to him or buy one. i figured hed be pretty busy. it was kinda sad. nixon (gary) was there too.

anyway, this is applying carpet to the bottom of your boot to help slide

a nice looking bultaco on the line

this is half the track. thats start finish halfway down the straight.

this guy was in full roadrace leathers and dragging his knee around both ends of the track on a 50. it looked like a blast.

the 4-7 year olds on thier 50s. all ktms on the front row!

this might be bob coys brother or something. ths guy actually raced in this. Bob, the grid marshall, ran over and adjusted his tie for him just before they finished setting the grid. this guy got 4th out of about 8. pretty hilarious.

it seemed like all good fun but there was definitely some aggresive riding. and what looked like a few grudges being settled with some passes. but it was woth the 10 bucks.

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Looks too short but would make for a great time on the 100's. We should bring my fleet of xr's down and sign up as Team Forskin. Joe you could be the captain. We'll call you Captain Forskin and we'll call Jeremy Swollen Helmet.

Aaron

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Alright y'all. This is what I'm talking about. Middletown, N.Y. starting Jan.7th and going for the next five sundays, they're running the indoor program. Looks just like Joe's pictures. I did it once last year on a YZ125 and had a great time, even though I didn't qualify for the feature. In fact, if you show up with a truckload of XR100s, you'll probably have to qualify as well, 'cause that's a popular class.
Can't beat the fun factor, and it's great cross training. I'm planning on going to at least one race, probably the first one. There's an open practice Jan 6th, which from what I hear gives you the best bang for the buck, 'cause you can just practice till you can't practice no more, for $20.00.
By the way, we're still planning on Ice Racing, probably starting mid to late Jan. and Feb., I'll keep you posted.
If anybody's interested in doing Middletown, let me know, I'll try to hook up wit'cha.

FR

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jb, did ya notice the kid on the ktm on the outside has the balls hanging off his bike. i think he beat ya too it! the stocker xr100 class had a few bikes. there were alot of cr125's and 250's. i counted three bultacos, and at least one rotax. once they got into the 125's it got pretty serious looking. not as much fun. the guy who won the modified adult 50 race had a cool pipe on his bike jb. it was a 1-2 with megs. looked like a cb500 pipe on one side but only one header pipe. he was flying. the modded bikes they ran had about a 30" seat height. id love to run in the 100 class or the stock 50's they looked like they had the most fun. they had a womans only class too. pretty hot.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, it is small, thats why the smaller bikes seem more fun.

jc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts