Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the exhaust interchangeable between CL175 slopper motors, and CL175 vert motors?? Thanks for the help !!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok new question on the CL 175 pipes

I am going to be using vert cl175 pipes on my vertical cb175 project and have a question. I am going to be merging the two pipes together into a megaphone very similar to the one pictured, but was wondering if I could have the pipes all welded together as one "piece". Would I be able to remove the header unit as one, or does there need to be a break in the system like the factory one???

I am going to have the pipes welded tomorrow so I need an answer ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by cafeteria_racer

Do it like Branson did in the picture. Anything else would be uncivilized.
can't wait to roll up on a convertible at a stop light and offend everyone with in a 50 foot radius. Hopefully they will be on their cell phone..........

is this a Branson bike, i'll just email him directly ? ? ? ? ? ?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
On an up system you can weld the collector the meg, but you want the pipes to slip fit into the collector and spring mount or something. It would be a headache having the pipes all once piece I think. The pipes on a vert head are "splayed" out to the sides...making them hard to install in one piece.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by jbranson

On an up system you can weld the collector the meg, but you want the pipes to slip fit into the collector and spring mount or something. It would be a headache having the pipes all once piece I think. The pipes on a vert head are "splayed" out to the sides...making them hard to install in one piece.
JohnnyB
that is what i was thinking as well. I'll put a break in the system somewhere. I was thinking about a slip over with a clamp
Thanks Johnny

Also, is that pic your bike??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts