Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get the smallest rear view bar end mirror?
Do you have any pic examples?

THX!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I have gotten away with a tiny flat piece of highly polished metal on the end of my lever

the law here doesn't say what size the mirror has to be and when I've been asked about a left side mirror

I say there it is

Never been given a mirror ticket in over 25 years of riding

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
If your riding on the street - you need to have the capability to check your 6. So putting a shine piece of metal on the end of your lever is not what I would recommend. There are tons of 3" bar end mirrors that look great, allow you to check your 6 and provide a little extra security when riding on the street. I just ordered a set for my bike (I currently just have 1 left side mirror that I have to move my shoulder to see anything behind me...) which I plan to install on both sides of the bike.

If your hell bent on just meeting the legals of your state - you could fashion a dental mirror on to your bike. My order will come in on Friday and I can not wait to install them.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
No mirror - install a backup camera on your bike. You can buy the full kit at Sam's club for about 150.00 - not sure if it's legal but you can do away with a mirror and still have a view to the back of the bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol.

B, do you have a pic of your bike(s) posted here? Let me see?

--

Anyone run bicycle mirrors?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Sure - here's one of my 69's, the other 69 is in restoration back to stock. I'm hoping to have the engine in the frame this weekend. The 71 is a project for this winter and will be some-sort of wild child for the street. I'm still thinking about the design. So here's my current daily ride.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
well when I got pulled over on this one and the guy even started tiptoe'ing in the direction of how many non-moving violations he could write me...

he kinda got into checking it out and I told him if he wrote them I'd just pay them but wouldn't do much of anything else

I told him the bars worked great as a mirror on this one

he thought it was funny but I've yet to get a ticket on this one in four years and it's been all over

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I always thought it'd be cool to have small mirrors on the helmet

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you truly want the smallest mirror possible, move to Missouri and run none. Don't need any mirrors here in Missouri.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
it's a 5' claymore

replica of the one used in Braveheart

I have video of it being used quite properly to slice an apple skewered on the end of a section of fill rod

five swings and six pieces of apples

also have some quite interesting footage of it being used in BDSM type action

1 - 13 of 13 Posts