Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I stumbled across an atrc tach last week in an old bike shop. I know they are worth some dough, but I cant get a straight answer from anyone. they always give me a low number and then offer to take it off my hands. I know it's standard on the factory racers from the 50's and 60's so I'm reluctant to put it on my street bike. Also, I feel like an instument like this should be in it's place on a hot track bike or in a museum. the thing is like new. and includes the rubber mounting ring. the copies are going for about 900 bucks from some guy in New Zealand. I'd be willing to make trades or partial trades for the right stuff but I really don't know where to start on the price/ value.
Here's the specs: Smiths ATRC 2654 (E.X. 2. 3.9:1 hand painted on face apears to be factory) , 12,000 rpm, working condition (bench tested with a power drill) I'd really apreciate any info any one can give me.

xxxxx

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
well, as much as I hate ebay.... if you want to get the max price for it and put it out of reach from anyone who'd really use it on a replica or restored racebike...

But things like that don't come around too often. Keep it unless you need the money. Make a nice wooden stand for it and put it on your desk.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
one day ill have one. i love just going over to ropers bike to watch him warm it up so i can wath the tacho. like i said, one da ill have one.

that thing is sweet. totally cool.

jc

·
Registered
838 Posts
quote:
one day ill have one. i love just going over to ropers bike to watch him warm it up so i can wath the tacho. like i said, one da ill have one.

that thing is sweet. totally cool.

jc
Now's your chance Joe. See E-Bay U.K. item number 150171839228 Just a few days left with a current bid is 50BPS.

I acquired the chronometric tattle tale tach in the photos below for use on a 1967 Triumph 500 factory racer replica I'm building. I got it from a friend in trade for a custom full fairing on a Triumph salt flat racer. At the time we couldn't find any solid value info either, but agreed that $400-$500 would be a fair price. I would think that the ATRC type would be worth more due to the 'cooler to look at' factor. Just curious, does the ATRC version have the red tattle tale needle behind the white one? Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

1 - 5 of 5 Posts