Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to think about it, but that time of year is rapidly approaching.

Does anyone here have any experience with Blizzaks or Green Diamond tires? Especially someone who went from studs to these tires and can tell me how they compared.

I have always run four studded snow tires on my minivan, and never had a problem. However, they are loud and kill the MPG, and by the third season, even if the tread is still good the studs sometimes push into the tire causing flats.

Sorry to bring up Snow.....

Jack

·
Registered
238 Posts
I haven't used green diamonds but I can vouch that the blizzaks are a great tire, especially for ice/slush.

it doesn't compare to a studded tire, but at least you don't feel like you're driving a tank down the road.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Blizzaks are the way to go
I was running studs last year and I loved them but when driving on non snow covered roads they sucked

·
Registered
101 Posts
I run studless blizzaks on my BMW, or at least used to when it was my only car. Never had a problem with them, and the car would go through a foot of unplowed snow and I only had 3 inches of ground clearance. Pulled an AWD audi A4 out of a ditch in that car. the guy was baffled as to why his AWD (and summer tires....) didn't save him. Obviously on ice they lose to the studded ones (had them on a volvo 240 wagon) but couldn't tell a huge difference in the snow unless it was really hard packed. Certainly more than I ever had a need for, and terrible on dry pavement.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I run studless blizzaks on my BMW, or at least used to when it was my only car. Never had a problem with them, and the car would go through a foot of unplowed snow and I only had 3 inches of ground clearance. Pulled an AWD audi A4 out of a ditch in that car. the guy was baffled as to why his AWD (and summer tires....) didn't save him. Obviously on ice they lose to the studded ones (had them on a volvo 240 wagon) but couldn't tell a huge difference in the snow unless it was really hard packed. Certainly more than I ever had a need for, and terrible on dry pavement.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have Blizzaks on my Highlander Hybrid, absolutely love them. Pulled multiple cars up my road with it last winter.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have Blizzaks on my Highlander Hybrid, absolutely love them. Pulled multiple cars up my road with it last winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts